Accountant Technician I - CSN Cashier Services
Accountant Technician I - CSN Cashier Services
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Under direct supervision, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process third party contract billings.
- Ensures that the student accounts are properly coded in PeopleSoft and billing is generated to all third party payers in a timely manner.
- Process grant in aid, National Guard any other student waivers.
- Assist students and external vendors with questions relating to third party billings.
- Follow-up with third party contracts to ensure payment from vendors.
- Provide customer service to students, internal and external vendors.
- Apply third party payments to accounts.
- Handle fraudulent issues.
- Responsible for maintaining all Memorandums of Understandings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Consistently demonstrates superior teaming skills in day-to-day interactions with co-workers and internal and external customers.
- Maintain a positive work attitude.
- Consistent and reliable attendance required.
- Experience with People soft Student Information System desired.
- Previous knowledge of third party billings desired.
- Graduation from high school supplemented by 6 college credits in beginning accounting and two years of financial records maintenance experience which includes such duties as controlling a ccounts payable/receivable; preparing financial reports for internal management use; and reconciling complex accounts; OR two years of experience as an Accounting Assistant III in Nevada State service which includes 6 college credits in beginning a ccounting; OR one year as an Accounting Assistant IV in Nevada State service which includes 6 college credits in beginning accounting; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above which must have included 6 college credits in beginning accounting.
Grade 30, Step 1 - Grade 30, Step 10
$41,572.08 - $61,011.36
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three professional references
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional) - If you have not graduated, please attach your transcripts to receive education credit for classes you have taken. Credit is given for classes relevant to the job posting.
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Accountant-Technician-I---CSN-Cashier-Services_R0124288
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency