Physical Plant Supervisor (Reg FT)
Physical Plant Supervisor (Reg FT)
Position Title: Physical Plant Supervisor (Reg FT)
Department: Physical Plant Admin
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than May 14, 2021. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: Admin 15 - $56,912
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5207
Job Open Date: 3/12/2021
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Administers operations of the campus physical plant division including the maintenance, repair, alteration, cleaning and operation of campus buildings, equipment and grounds to provide a clean, safe and comfortable work environment for students, faculty and staff.
Requirements: Associate's degree in related field and a minimum of four years experience; ten years of significant and relevant work experience may substitute. HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry and mechanical system experience and knowledge. Strong communication, organizational, leadership and decision making skills. Prior supervisory experience. Ability to prioritize. Working knowledge of cleaning methods/products, ADA, computer operations, local codes, regulations and ordinances. Requires good judgment, patience and decisiveness.
- Directs the operation, maintenance and safeguarding of campus facilities, utilities, buildings and grounds.
- Directs and supervises maintenance and housekeeping staff including scheduling and determining priorities.
- Assists Facilities Management in planning, coordinating and supervising the performance phase of construction, capital improvement and maintenance repair projects.
- Prepares and administers operating and capital budgets of physical plant operations.
- Maintains and operates physical plant software programs including, but not limited to, preventative maintenance, energy management, housekeeping and facilities assessment.
- Recruits campus maintenance and housekeeping personnel consistent with proper hiring practices, affirmative action plans and union agreements. Trains when necessary.
- Monitors and evaluates performance of contractors who provide maintenance services for the campus.
- Prepares sketches, cost estimates and descriptions for in-house repair or renovation projects; reads and interprets blueprints, engineering/architectural drawings and schematics.
- Works with campus safety/security supervisors to plan, implement, monitor and enforce fire, safety and security regulations in compliance with applicable codes, regulations, laws and ordinances.
- Maintains records and keeps current required permits, component warrantees, licenses and building guarantees and bonds as required.
- Initiates, updates and distributes status reports relating to the physical plan activities, goals and accomplishments.
- Monitors utility consumption and ensures efficient use of utilities.
- Serves on campus and College committees as required.
- Purchases or reviews materials purchases.
- Develops contract specifications for the purchase of services.
- Provides advice to Dean of Administration regarding future needs for campus facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=803
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency