Associate Director, Online Course Development
Associate Director, Online Course Development
Job Number: 89264
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The Associate Director, Online Course Development will work with faculty, the Teaching & Learning team, and external partners to develop and refresh innovative and impactful online executive education courses. The Associate Director will manage course development projects alongside the Director, Online Courses. The position will collaborate heavily and work cross-functionally.
The successful candidate will be excited to learn and collaborate as part of a driven, diverse team. They will demonstrate proven mastery of project management and attention to detail, keen analytical skills, and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Additionally, they will bring a customer-focused mindset and experience in instructional design. They will thrive in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment, be effective working both independently and collaboratively, and bring a growth and learning mindset to obstacles and challenges.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Manage online course development projects with external partners and as assigned.
- Evaluate new policies and processes with faculty and external partners. Identify issues, and develop alternative solutions which may include changes to programs, policies and procedures.
- Review and analyze online learning and executive education trends to advise and develop recommendations to achieve or modify the goals of the courses or our partnerships.
- Represent the department and school to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.
- May develop and/or oversee budgets; manage finances including monitoring, analyzing, forecasting, and reporting.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated course design or instructional design skills.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment and, decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and meet budget goals.
- Demonstrated solid planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relevant subject matter knowledge.
Certifications and Licenses:
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Interest in and familiarity with the area of online education, including tools for learning synchronously and asynchronously, individually and collaboratively.
- Relationship management experience.
- Higher education, online education, or executive education experience.
* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4122
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 89264
Location: Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency