Director of Online Outreach Programs
Director of Online Outreach Programs
Job Number: 89325
Administrative Services Administrator 2
Job Code: 4122
FTE: 100%, Exempt
The mission of Stanford Online High School is to create a worldwide learning community of diverse, intellectually passionate students and teachers. Through vibrant seminars, the rigorous curriculum challenges students to reason analytically, think creatively, and argue critically. Beyond the classroom, collaborative extracurricular activities cultivate lasting relationships among students and teachers. The school's supportive environment fosters independence, strength of character, and a lifelong pursuit of knowledge.
Stanford Online High School (OHS) is also the new home of Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies (SPCS), which provides a diverse array of academic enrichment programs that take place mostly in the summer but also throughout the academic year. Held primarily online, these programs serve intellectually curious pre-college students from around the world.
The Director of Online Outreach Programs oversees major outreach efforts with OHS, furthering the academic and social development of pre-college students from all backgrounds. This position directs the online summer programs, including Summer Institute, Stanford Humanities Institute, and Stanford University Mathematics Camp, as well as the Stanford Math Circle throughout the academic year. The Director of Online Outreach Programs will be a key member of the OHS leadership and strive toward further enhancement of academic and enrichment opportunities for K-12 students.
**Please note that the Stanford Online High School and Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies offices are located at the Stanford Redwood City Campus, however currently, all staff are required to temporarily work from home, due to the county health & safety restrictions.**
Your responsibilities include:
- Lead the planning and operations of the Online Outreach Programs, including Summer Institute, Stanford Humanities Institute, Stanford University Mathematics Camp, and Stanford Math Circle, in collaboration with the Academic Operations Team.
- Recruit, hire, and train instructors to teach in the Online Outreach Programs. Assess training needs; develop and implement training accordingly.
- Evaluate programs, policies, and procedures and use findings for strategic planning and to improve program effectiveness. Identify issues, and develop alternative solutions which may include changes and extensions to programs, policies and procedures.
- Review and analyze trends to advise and develop recommendations to achieve or modify the goals of the programs.
- Develop and oversee budgets of the outreach programs; manage finances including monitoring, analyzing, forecasting, and reporting, in collaboration with OHS Finance Team.
- Collaborate with various academic departments in the University on program development, and work with appropriate Stanford offices to ensure compliance to Stanford policies and procedures.
- Represent the online outreach programs to the secondary education market. Work with community partners to best support underrepresented students admitted through special affiliations. For example, in collaboration with the Marketing and Outreach Specialist, collaborate on logistical and operational functions for the Stanford Medical Youth Science Program (SMYSP), in partnership with SMYSP program staff.
- Manage and contribute to the development of online outreach strategy that may include relationship development, communications and compliance. Coordinate with marketing staff in the development and updating of web and print marketing materials, program information guides, participant and parent information packets, staff handbooks, and other related materials.
- Supervise two full-time Program Coordinators who support the programs year around, and recruit, hire, train and supervise teams of seasonal instructional staff, consisting of undergraduate and graduate students, along with non Stanford-affiliated instructors.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Dynamic leadership
- Thoughtful program management
- Excellent financial management
- Substantial knowledge and/or familiarity with STEM Education
- Passion about secondary education
- Interpersonal savviness
- Strategic and creative thinking
In addition, requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, preferably in an educational field, or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Three years of management experience including one year in financial and/or program management preferred
- Advanced degree and experience in secondary education preferred.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
- May require extended hours and weekends on a seasonal basis.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world with limitless connections and access to knowledge. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
*Note: The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
*Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
*Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
** This position is based in Redwood City, CA. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic employees are currently on a temporary work from home status. This position will be required to work on campus, at a later date.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4945
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Department URL: http://cancer.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 89325
Location: Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies, Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency