Temple University is seeking one or more Admissions Counselors to represent Temple to prospective students, families, and counselors. These are entry-level positions for recent college graduates who have an interest in a variety of areas that may include college admissions, college access, diversity initiatives, marketing, communications, and special events.
Responsibilities include serving as a brand ambassador for Temple by visiting high schools, giving presentations, and meeting with students, counselors, and community-based organization liaisons to promote Temple as a college destination. Admissions Counselors also review applications for admission, manage special programs, and help execute both on and off campus events.
Direct admissions experience is not required, and we seek candidates who may bring unique skills (e.g. additional languages) and perspectives (e.g. involvement in college or community cultural organizations) to Temple's Admissions team. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of directly related experience in a non-profit institution of higher education. Experience should include planning, facilitating and participating in on-campus and off-campus recruitment events and delivering informational presentations to individuals and groups. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and to exhibit self-direction and motivation.
* Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize diverse tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to work independently as well as in groups.
* Ability to interact with people of a diverse constituency groups.
* Knowledge of admission terminology and tests.
* Requires excellent planning and organizational skills necessary to manage a recruitment territory and identify, recruit and enroll prospective students.
* Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills and ability to establish and maintain informational and active communication with high school and college students, parents and high school counselors about the admissions process and requirements, financial aid and career planning.
* Willingness and ability to work evening and weekends.
* Ability to travel and transport recruiting materials to locations that may not be accessible by public transportation.
* Experience working with Banner technology
* Bilingual abilities are a plus
This position requires a background check
Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: https://safety.temple.edu/reports-logs/annual-security-report
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.
Primary Location: Pennsylvania-Philadelphia-Main Campus-Conwell Hall
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular