Audio Visual Engineer, Lead (Working Title: Broadcast Engineer, Lead)
Putting technology to work at Georgia State University. Are you passionate about technology, your clients’ success, and looking to make a difference? Ranked the #2 Most Innovative National University by US News and World Report, Georgia State is a leading force in the digital transformation of higher education. Georgia State's central technology services group, Instructional Innovation and Technology (IIT), seeks to inspire, support, and enable innovative solutions to advance learning, research and economic enterprise. IIT is leading the pursuit to find solutions to the unique challenges associated with information technology and serve as leaders in a global network of knowledge creation and sharing by earning the role of valued partners and trusted advisors for evolving technology solutions, discovering, creating and implementing new models of higher education for a community of diverse learners, creating and supporting innovative solutions that improve the lives of our students, our city and our state, attracting, developing and retaining talented and capable professionals and fostering an innovative culture of leaders where collaboration, ownership, creativity and efficiency are key.
- Command advanced broadcast audio, video, and networking technologies including broadcast video camera operation and maintenance / digital video and audio switching and routing / communications systems / graphics insertion / replay / and NDI connectivity, operation, and configuration.
- Lead the discussion of holistic design principles within broadcast and production environments including the convergence of technology and environmental solutions for live event and broadcast best practices.
- Coordinate installation, preventive maintenance, operation, expansion, and upgrades of production and broadcast environments with major campus groups such as GSU Athletics, Event Management, and Facilities Management.
- Research, develop, and integrate new broadcast and live production technologies to enhance interoperability of systems, streamline operations, and ensure high quality live production and broadcasts.
- Act as game-day engineer at broadcasted athletic events and other live productions as directed. Possess engineering and operational knowledge in all associated systems to enable reliability of service and rapid return to services in the event of a failure.
- Assist the chief engineer in maintaining relationships and communicating effectively with GSU Athletics, Event Management, and other campus groups
- Oversee the setup, maintenance, and operational condition of all broadcast and live production equipment and report to the lead or chief engineer any issues that need to be addressed.
Bachelor's degree and three years of related experience; or a combination of education and relation experience.
05/17/21, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Instructional Innovation & Technology
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 04/26/21, 12:11:32 PM