Worship Arts Coordinator (Part Time Position)
Position: Worship Arts Coordinator (Part Time Position) Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 628 # of Openings: 1 Worship Arts CoordinatorSpiritual Life The Chaplain’s Office is responsible for fostering the spiritual environment and vitality of Wheaton students, faculty, and staff. We believe that the spiritual well-being of those we serve rests in large measure on the spiritual life of our team personally and corporately. To reflect this priority, each member of the Chaplain’s Office will start their work day with 30 minutes of time alone with God. There are no rules for how this time is spent, but it is expected that the time be used for communing with God in prayer, Bible reading, meditation, journaling, and any other spiritually formative practices. Job OverviewResponsible to the Associate Chaplain of Worship Arts to provide administrative, artistic programming, and production support for Worship Arts and related initiatives as facilitated by the Chaplain’s Office. This is a part-time position. Duties and ResponsibilitiesAdministrative Assistant to the Associate Chaplain for Worship Arts
- Facilitate communication for the Associate Chaplain internally within the office, with the campus community, and with external constituents as necessary by collecting, analyzing, and synthetizing key information.
- Maintain the Associate Chaplain’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, campus committees, speaking engagements, events, travel, etc.
- Partner with the Associate Chaplain in artistic dialogue regarding worship arts.
- Coordinate chapel band leader and member auditions.
- Enhance the Associate Chaplain’s effectiveness through long-range planning by maintaining a month-by-month and multi-year schedule of strategic priorities that are consistent with the college’s priorities.
- Engage with the Associate Chaplain in strategic programmatic planning and implementation.
- Manage the Worship Arts budget in conjunction with the Office Manager by processing and tracking honorariums, check requests, and other expenses.
- Point person for chapel administration, production, and hospitality, i.e. Planning Center, AIT logistics, hosting outside speakers, etc.
- Logistics liasion for departments and students for planning, information, and resources.
- Copyright license(s) tracking, reporting, and renewal.
- Coordinator of All School Communion services in conjunction with the student chaplains.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 years of relevant experience preferred; musical proficiency preferred.
- Detail oriented, well organized, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Professional presence with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong writing and editing ability with excellent computer skills; music notation software proficiency preferred.
- Independent decision-making ability, providing resource management and financial leadership.
- Ability to take the lead in strategic and project planning.
- Cross-cultural competencies, especially regarding race and gender.