Secretarial Assistant 1-NS (Formerly Secretarial Assistant 3-NS), Department of Athletics (Inte...
Job no: 495187
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
Categories: Administrative - Clerical
About the Department of Athletics:
The Department of Athletics exists to purposely foster a selfless environment that cultivates community, embraces learning and enhances excellence in sport and life. We are a NCAA Division III institute that is a member of the New Jersey Athletic Conference. We currently have 18 varsity competitive sports.
The Rowan University Department of Inter-collegiate Athletics is looking to fill the position of Athletic Department Secretary. Reporting directly to the Athletics Director, this position serves a vital role in supporting the day-to-day office operations of the Athletics Department in an effort to achieve operational excellence. The position is in constant communication with members of the athletics department, as well campus offices, vendors, and other external stakeholders. The staff member is also responsible for oversight of a number of administrative clerical tasks that support the function of the Department of Athletics and the University at large. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented person who is adept at prioritizing responsibilities, passionate about customer service, and has a genuine interest in business and the inner workings of a Division III Athletics Department.
Examples of Work:
The following description addresses the general duties and responsibilities of the Business Operations Assistant. This document does not cover all job expectations or specific procedures for completing these responsibilities. All employees are expected to review and abide by additional policies and specific procedures described in other documents including manuals, as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Hiring and Staffing
- Coordinate and process the necessary paperwork, electronic submissions, and departmental onboarding for staffing of Department of Athletics new hires, support staff, independent contractors, and students.
- Oversee, coordinate, and process departmental time sheets.
- Oversee, coordinate, and monitor all student worker paperwork related to FWS/IWS funding.
- Coordinate payments of independent contractors, students, and support staff.
- Purchasing and Payments
- Coordinate, process, monitor, and pay approved reimbursements, payments, and purchase orders for the Department accurately, in a timely manner, and in accordance with financial policies of the university and department.
- Process internal money transfers within the institution and the department using DCAs.
- Assist with processing all deposits, cash receipts, and recording revenue.
- Identify cost savings opportunities and suggest solutions to identified problems.
- Maintain an updated data lists of full-time and part-time staff.
- Maintain and update data sets on existing computers and their replacement times.
- Maintain and update data on department office phones.
- Assist in reviewing departmental expense reports and receipts.
- Assist in monitoring and coordinating (18) department and (21) discretional budgets within the Department of Athletics.
- Assist in data management to ensure accuracy and database integrity.
- Prepare accurate, timely reports on budget, financial status, and other topics as requested, typically using Excel spreadsheets.
- Training and Development
- Participate in department meetings as necessary in order to inform/train staff on changes in policy and procedure.
- Assist in troubleshooting inquiries from staff members pertaining to budget, purchasing, and financial issues.
- Other Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with University policies related to business.
- Expedite and coordinate services such as maintenance, repairs, mail and supplies.
- Work collaboratively with the department team to support space allocations, moves, and other issues related to facilities.
- Stay informed about revised and new personnel policy statements, regulations, and directives published by the department of personnel and develop plans and procedures for implementation of such communications.
- Act as a liaison with various other offices on campus: Provost's Office, Accounts Payable, Facilities, Human Resources, Budget and others offices.
- Other duties assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Eligibility and Consideration:
Advertised: Apr 26 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: May 10 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time