Job Title: Admissions Associate
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226393
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Admissions Associate on the Gainesville campus. This position is responsible for accurately scanning, indexing and entering document information into the Banner Student Information System for a comprehensive university of over 19,000 students spanning five campuses and an online designation.Responsibilities
- Organize daily mail and documents received in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to include opening date stamping, verifying the legitimacy of documents and correspondence with students regarding missing or incorrect items, scanning and indexing and maintaining a physical file for archiving scanned documents.
- Assist with the downloading of electronic transcripts and test scores, as well as manually enter paper test scores, and match with student records. Assign student identification numbers as required.
- Assist with the scanning and indexing of residency petitions and internal documents and communications to student records. Follow up with additional communication as required.
- Assist with the downloading and entering of paper applications and associated documents into Banner and the Banner Document Management System (BDMS), ensuring accuracy of information, including campus degree level, major, student type, and checklist items to include correspondence with students regarding missing or incorrect items.
- Cross-train and serve as back-up for other Imaging and Admissions processes as needed including review of final high school transcripts of admitted students.
- Route transcripts for faculty new-hires to the appropriate department while maintaining confidentiality of records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess an attention to detail to insure accuracy.
- Requires knowledge of standard office equipment and software.
- Must have strong organizational and customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, manage workload, and effectively prioritize assignments.
- Willingness to be a team member and be flexible to help in different areas when needed.
- General understanding of the college admissions processes a plus.
- Ability to alphabetize large quantities of documents; must become familiar with what incoming documents received are considered 'official' vs. 'unofficial'; willingness to participate in professional development seminars and training; ability to cross-train with other staff on their job duties when necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- One year of clerical experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate's degree preferred.
- Experience with data entry strongly preferred; Banner and Xtender software experience a plus; General understanding of the college admissions processes a plus.
- Significant experience with data entry strongly preferred
- Banner and Xtender software experience a plus
- Cover letter
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- Please submit contact information for three professional references