Temporary Talent Acquisition Consultant
Job Title: Temporary Talent Acquisition Consultant
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226389
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Temporary Talent Acquisition Consultant on the Dahlonega campus. The Talent Acquisition Consultant is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success throughout the organization. This will be achieved through the development of traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas. This position will require building relationships with on-campus hiring managers by identifying opportunities in which staff employees can assist departments with meeting their business needs in addition to identifying ways to improve the overall hiring process.Responsibilities
- Serves as a consultant to assigned units for all five (5) campuses. Demonstrate clear leadership for assigned departments by providing real time solutions to challenging hiring issues as they arise. Consult with hiring managers to clearly understand their short and long-term staffing needs and provide insight into the current labor market. Coach hiring managers and interviewers on effective and legal interviewing practices. Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation. Prepare offer letter packages, process background checks and onboarding for new hires. Analyze background checks and send adverse impact letters to candidates as needed. Also responsible for ensuring internal management understanding and compliance with all university, local, state, and federal guidelines. Respond to applicant inquiries and on-line applicants with exceptional customer service.
- Develop and implement creative and effective recruiting sourcing strategies to identify pools of qualified candidates using recruitment tools such as LinkedIn and Indeed, social media, networking, and university recruitment. Attend job fairs to source applicants. Track and manage all activities in the Talent Management System. Utilize expertise using the talent management system to post jobs, develop screening questions, review applications, conduct candidate searches, and manage candidate dispositions in compliance with OFCCP regulations. Conduct training sessions with managers and committee members on how to use the current applicant tracking system. Advise departments of Human Resources Policies and Procedures. Work closely with classification and compensation department to analyze job requirement and update the requirements in order to effectively recruit for open positions. Serve as a liaison between hiring managers and compensation and classification with salary negotiations. Work closely with HRIS in regards to ensuring new hire flow over properly to manage hires in addition to analyzing position data to ensure that the information is correct prior to posting a position.
- Responsible for providing creativity in sourcing candidates to include: job boards, job fairs, social media (local and national), Department of Labor etc.; Manages the staff texting process. Develop working relationships within colleges to aid in recruiting staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have the ability to work well in a diverse environment in addition to excellent organizational and human relations / customer service skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be results driven, have the ability to multi-task, and have superior attention to detail skills and detailed oriented.
- Must have strong consultative skills including the ability to persuade and negotiate.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Two to three years of recruiting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated track-record of achievement in the recruitment industry.
- Hands on experience with recruiting system is highly desirable.
- Peoplesoft experience preferred.
- Full-Cycle recruiting experience preferred.
- PHR or SHRM-CP is desirable.
- Cover letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
5/11/2021Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Please submit contact information for three professional references.