Tutoring Lab Coordinator
Job Title: Tutoring Lab Coordinator
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226392
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Tutoring Lab Coordinator. The Tutoring Lab Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Language Lab on the UNG Dahlonega Campus and will report directly to the Language Lab Director as well as coordinate uniformity of lab operations with respective Lab Coordinators on Gainesville/Oconee Campuses. This will include hiring and training student lab assistants and managing their performance in the language lab as well as developing/implementing innovative virtual language lab activities for students and assisting with grading of lab activities and supervising tutoring activities within the lab.Responsibilities
- Hires & trains lab assistants on lab procedures and practices and evaluates their performance.
- Instructs students on the use of lab materials and equipment, provides technical support as needed.
- Coordinates feedback on activities submitted in the lab.
- Conducts workshops and trains lab assistants to conduct workshops
- Assists language learners with their language lab tasks and other language learning related questions.
- Assists Lab Director and language faculty in D2L course creation/maintenance in relation to coordinated lab activities prior to each semester (including summer sessions).
- Makes recommendations to Lab Director regarding practices and procedures within the lab, such as discovering and implementing innovative technological tools for lab activities as well as provides monthly auto-evaluations of personal job performance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written/spoken communication in English required as well as near-native fluency in either Spanish or French.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience with the D2L LMS platform, MS Word, MS Excel and other language laboratory tools as well as the ability to utilize and promote new technology resources.
- Bachelor's degree in Spanish or French or Language Education
- Two (2) years of experience in university language laboratory/teaching setting required.
- Ability to hire/manage a team of undergraduate student lab assistants and promote interpersonal harmony in the language lab among students, student assistants, faculty and staff.
- Experience with language lab technology or instructional technology preferred.
- Experience teaching Spanish at the university level preferred.
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- Please submit contact information for three professional references