Coordinator of Player Personnel
Job no: 499864
Work type: Non-Instructional Faculty (Coach/Counselor/Librarian)
Location: San José
Categories: Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Coach (Non-instructional Faculty), Temporary, Full Time
San José State Athletics is an integral part of the University and exists to promote the common good through athletic competition by providing equitable opportunities for men and women to compete at the NCAA Division I level. The athletics program strives to create a diverse and inclusive environment emphasizing academics, compliance, student-athlete welfare, fair play sportsmanship and Spartan Pride. https://sjsuspartans.com/
Brief Description of Duties
- Demonstrated ability to organize recruiting structure for a football coaching staff. Thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to organize official visits, unofficial visits, camps, and other recruiting events for football recruits.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively evaluate high school and junior college prospects. Demonstrated ability to evaluate transcripts. Understanding and guidance of admittance of football players to San Jose State University.
- Demonstrated ability to organize recruiting data, input of data and reports given to coaching staff.
- Ability to work, communicate and develop rapport with students, alumni, administration and community groups.
- Candidate must demonstrate awareness and experience understanding the needs of a student population of great diversity – in age, cultural background, ethnicity, primary language and academic preparation – through inclusive teaching strategies and advisement.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Applicants should demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural population as might have been gained in cross-cultural study, training, teaching and other comparable experience.
- Master’s Degree
- 2 years Division I coaching/recruiting experience
Athletic coach appointments are temporary by nature, expire at the end of the term stated and do not establish any future appointment rights. The position does not qualify for or lead to tenure but may be extended on an annual basis.
Salary Range - To commensurate with experience.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
San José State University enrolls over 35,700 students, a significant percentage of whom are members of minority groups. As such, this position is for scholars interested in a career at a national leader in graduating URM students. SJSU is a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander (AANAPISI) Serving Institution; 40% of our students are first-generation, and 38% are Pell-qualified. The university is currently ranked third nationally in increasing student upward mobility. The University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty so our disciplines, students, and the community can benefit from multiple ethnic and gender perspectives.
San José State University is California’s oldest institution of public higher learning. Located in downtown San José (Pop. 1,000,000) in the heart of Silicon Valley, SJSU is part of one of the most innovative regions in the world. As Silicon Valley’s public university, SJSU combines dynamic teaching, research, and university-industry experiences to prepare students to address the biggest problems facing society. SJSU is a member of the 23-campus California State University (CSU) system.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. This policy applies to all San José State University students, faculty, and staff as well as University programs and activities. Reasonable accommodations are made for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose. Note that all San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Advertised: April 12, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled