Associate Director, Online Course Development
Associate Director, Online Course Development🔍Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States📁Administration📅Apr 26, 2021 Post Date📅89264 Requisition #Stanford Graduate School of BusinessResiding in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.The Associate Director, Online Course Development will work with faculty, the Teaching & Learning team, and external partners to develop and refresh innovative and impactful online executive education courses. The Associate Director will manage course development projects alongside the Director, Online Courses. The position will collaborate heavily and work cross-functionally.The successful candidate will be excited to learn and collaborate as part of a driven, diverse team. They will demonstrate proven mastery of project management and attention to detail, keen analytical skills, and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Additionally, they will bring a customer-focused mindset and experience in instructional design. They will thrive in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment, be effective working both independently and collaboratively, and bring a growth and learning mindset to obstacles and challenges.Your primary responsibilities include:
- Manage online course development projects with external partners and as assigned.
- Evaluate new policies and processes with faculty and external partners. Identify issues, and develop alternative solutions which may include changes to programs, policies and procedures.
- Review and analyze online learning and executive education trends to advise and develop recommendations to achieve or modify the goals of the courses or our partnerships.
- Represent the department and school to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.
- May develop and/or oversee budgets; manage finances including monitoring, analyzing, forecasting, and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated course design or instructional design skills.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment and, decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and meet budget goals.
- Demonstrated solid planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Interest in and familiarity with the area of online education, including tools for learning synchronously and asynchronously, individually and collaboratively.
- Relationship management experience.
- Higher education, online education, or executive education experience.
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4122
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 89264