Assistant Professor - Hospital Medicine
Job ID: 225619
Position #: 40015651
The Department of Medicine at the Medical College of Georgia, Augusta University is seeking full time Hospitalists that will provide inpatient care from admission through discharge for patients admitted to Augusta University Health. Patients will be returned to their primary care physician at the time of discharge.
- Ability to deliver effective medical care within an in-patient environment.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care.
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Knowledge of community medical diagnostic and patient care services in area of medical expertise.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment in area of expertise.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Understanding and willingness to be involved in corporate compliance.
- Proficiency in maintaining reasonable and appropriate HCAP scores.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops, if desired.
Yearly guaranteed salary is competitive and negotiable. Robust benefit package to include medical, dental, reimbursement for CME and dues/subscriptions.
- Must be either (i) board certified and maintain board certification in Internal Medicine by the AOBIM/ABIM or (ii) board eligible, actively pursue board certification, and become board certified in Internal Medicine by the AOBIM/ABIM within five (5) years of completion of last training.
- BLS and ACLS certified.
- Will be a member in good standing of the medical staff at each hospital at which the practice provides services.
- Will maintain a valid license to practice medicine in the state of Georgia.
- Must maintain malpractice coverage provided by the state of Georgia.
- Must perform medical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnosis, and treatment to hospital inpatients assigned through both direct admission and ER referral.
- Will complete all credentialing paperwork in a timely manner in order to maintain eligibility to participate with all insurances that pertain to patients of each hospital at which Hospitalist provides services.
- Will remain current, reading pertinent medical journals and attending CME conferences annually to fulfill state of Georgia licensing requirements.
Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree(s) as well as post-secondary coursework in the form of original transcript(s). Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
How To Apply
To be considered an applicant for this position, you must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty.
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.