Director of Preclinical Services
Job Title: Director of Preclinical Services
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226070
The Global Center for Medical Innovation (GCMI) is the Southeast's first comprehensive medical technology innovation center. It is a unique entity that functions both as an independent, 501(c)(3) organization and an affiliate of Georgia Tech. GCMI brings together key members of the medical device ecosystem, including universities, research centers, clinicians, early-stage companies, industry, and investors, with the goal of accelerating the commercialization of new medical technologies. It provides a platform for investors to help startups de-risk their technologies efficiently and effectively through commercialization.Location
Atlanta, GA USAJob Summary
- Provides effective leadership for and direct highly visible customer facing, preclinical/GCMI team. Ensuring process consistency across the organization, program success, and employee satisfaction.Monitor employee performance against program goals. Responsible for setting goals, assessing employee performance and providing feedback, and making pay recommendations. Supervise staff responsibilities and assist in evaluating staff.Manages the program management staff, the portfolio of preclinical programs and studies led by Principal Investigators/Study Directors. Manages the veterinary staff and day-to-day veterinary operations.Ensures laboratory operates in compliance with GLP, USDA, AAALAC and other applicable regulatory requirements. Confers with and advise preclinical team of organizational policies, procedures and practices.Oversees and coordinate strategic planning efforts with regard to the overall strategy, operation, and budget for the preclinical team.Develops and present reports, proposals, and program-related communications.Serves as representative at GCMI leadership level for related programs.Provide overall departmental quality assurance and approval for unit-wide communications.
- Masters plus 3 years relevant full time experience after completion of that degree, or
- Masters plus 5 years relevant full time experience after completion of BS degree, or
- Doctoral degree
- Education: Advanced degree in life sciences (e.g., MS, MBA, PhD, DVM) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Year and Management Experience: At least 12 years of experience in preclinical research, as well as managing teams of 8 or larger for at least 5 years.
- Experience as testing facility management or delegateExperience conducting Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) preclinical studies and working with veterinary staffAdvanced knowledge of office related computer applications; excellent interpersonal skills; excellent skills in organization, management, conflict resolution, problem- solving, verbal and written communication, facilitating change, and customer service. Ability to analyze, synthesize and effectively communicate highly technical information. People management and training skills. Effective communication, written and interpersonal skills; knowledge of senior level strategy, budget and operations planning; consulting or counseling skills.
For additional information, please contact Dr. Evan Goldberg at [email protected]
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests.
Upon acceptance of an offer and prior to starting employment, a background check and drug screening will be required.