FM Tech Mechanical Trades - Locksmith
Vacancy Open to:
All CandidatesEmployment Type:
Permanent - Full-timeHours per week:
40Months per year:
009636NC Salary Grade Equivalency:
FM Technician Mechanical Trades - AdvancedWorking Title:
FM Tech Mechanical Trades - LocksmithSalary Range:
$46,681 - $56,392Anticipate Hiring Range:
$46,681 - $53,301FLSA Status:
Facilities Management (Adm)Work Unit:
Facilities Management Lock ShopWork Schedule:
7:00 am – 3:30 pm; Monday – Friday
This position is designated as ‘mandatory’ and, when contacted to report to work, its incumbent is expected to reach the campus as expeditiously as possible using normal precautions as dictated by the adverse weather conditions.Primary Purpose of Position:
The shop maintenance departments provide an environment that is safe, pleasant, and functional for all students, faculty and staff.
Members are responsible for the day to day operation, repair, and maintenance of all buildings assigned.
The shop employs a large force of dedicated and skilled employees trained in principal trades required for the maintenance and repair and minor renovations of all our facilities.
It is essential that we provide excellent customer service by responding quickly and accurately to our customers with a high level of professionalism.
This position acts as a master in the locksmith trade and is a resource to the unit or can be utilized as a resource by other units.
This position could also have other trades and is competent to serve as a lead worker to oversee projects that incorporate multiple trade disciplines.Minimum Education/Experience:
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Graduation from high school or equivalent. Experience in the trade(s) areas related to the position’s role may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
University Preferred Qualifications:
Graduation from high school or equivalent and four years experience. Experience in the trade(s) areas related to the position’s role may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.Essential Job Duties:
The FM Technician Mechanical Trades performs under the direction of the Lock Shop supervisor. Duties include:
1. Perform all FM Tech Mechanical trade maintenance work focused on the locksmith trade at the journey level or higher.
2. Apply troubleshooting skills to solve low voltage electronic locking hardware, as well as any other locking system issues.
3. Perform and manage preventative maintenance of campus locking systems.
4. Use electronic devices to retrieve and record assigned work orders.
5. Work and perform alone or in groups to accomplish daily tasks.
1. Maintain, repair, place, fabricate, install, alter facility components as required in assigned campus wide buildings.
2. Use knowledge and skill to handle commercial locking systems.
3. Apply troubleshooting skills to initiate repairs of campus door and lock issues.
4. Perform other duties as assigned and/or delegated to support all operations.
1. Graduation from high school or equivalent and two years’ experience. Experience in the trade(s) areas related to the position’s role may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
2. Five years’ experience handling commercial locking systems.
3. Knowledge and experience with low voltage locking hardware.
4. Possess strong troubleshooting skills.
5. Experience in managing preventative maintenance of locking systems.
6 Basic carpentry skills to maintain and install locking hardware.
7. North Carolina Locksmith license or ability to obtain one within three months’ of employment.
8. Ability to effectively communicate the English language (reading, writing, interpretation and comprehension) required.
9. Effective skills in verbal, written and interpersonal communications, however excellent communication skills.
10. Computer literate and knowledge and skill with Google Chrome, Microsoft Word and Excel, and willingness to learn new programs.
11. Ability to effectively work/interact with persons from different backgrounds and cultures.
12. Ability to foster and create an atmosphere of teamwork.
13. Selected candidate must have the mental and physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Position may be required to possess and maintain required certification, licensure, educational level, and/or experience criteria as applicable to the tasks being performed and follow applicable building codes.
2. Valid driver’s license.Work Location:
FM - Lock ShopPosting date:
05/09/2021Proposed Hire Date:
07/05/2021Special Notes to Applicants:
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
- These documents are used to evaluate your written communication skills as well as supporting documents of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and professional experience.
Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application.
- Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from consideration, but it may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and experience.