Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-26
The School of Architecture at the University of Virginia is seeking a new Budget Analyst.
- Work closely with the Associate Dean of Finance and Administration to develop the annual expense budget for the School of Architecture to include personnel costs, operating expenses, central service costs, department budgets, student hiring needs, and faculty professional development funds.
- Work closely with the Research Administrator and faculty to ensure that grants are spent within submitted budgets.
- Support faculty with grant-related contract approval process.
- Analyze and recommend changes to current budget structure based on changing needs
- Support faculty and department chairs with budget implementation
- Budget to actual analysis
- Monitor salary changes and track salary spend and ensure that charges are correctly assigned
- Monitor all school budgets including tuition funds, gift funds, endowments, grants, sales and service funds
- Produce and send out monthly reports for both expenses and revenues
- Work with Associate Dean, Department Chairs and faculty to advise on budget status, and recommend changes if necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least two years of previous experience working with excel, and budget / financial data.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft excel
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
The selected applicant will be required to complete a background check prior to their first day of employment per University policy.
Anticipated Hiring Range : $50,000 - $60,000
PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for “R0023942". Complete an application online and see below for documents to attach.
PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, “R002394” complete the application and see below for documents to attach. Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box or you can combine them into one PDF.
Complete an application online and attach:
·Cover Letter detailing your interest in this position
***Please note that you MUST upload ALL documents into the CV/Resume box.
Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration. ***
For questions about the application process please contact Rhiannon O'Coin, Senior Academic Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.