Senior Fiscal Tech - Biocomplexity Institute
Job location: TOWN CENTER FOUR
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-26
The Biocomplexity Institute and Initiative (BII) at the University of Virginia is seeking applications for a Senior Fiscal Technician to join our finance team. This position is responsible for reviewing, processing, and reconciling fiscal transactions and reports; in addition to accurate financial records in accordance with all federal, state and University guidelines; and has primary responsibility for financial reconciliation, procurement, travel, accounts payable, and accounts receivable processing.
The UVA Biocomplexity Institute is located in the UVA Research Park at 994 Research Park Boulevard, Charlottesville, VA. Due to the current conditions as a result of COVID-19, this position is expected to begin on a teleworking basis with the expectation to work onsite when it is deemed safe to do so.
To learn more about the Biocomplexity Institute, visit: https://biocomplexity.virginia.edu
- Performing monthly invoice reconciliations and preparing monthly budget and expense reports.
- Reviewing and processing monthly facility billing and allocate utilities and rent allocations.
- Preparing monthly procurement card reconciliations.
- Preparing procurement documents in support of equipment and project support materials.
- Investigating vendor payment issues.
- Processing travel expense documents for researchers and staff.
- Other duties of a similar nature or level as assigned.
- A High School Diploma and at least four years of relevant experience in finance and/or fiscal management. Candidates with an Associate’s degree are preferred.
- Advanced understanding of and experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong working knowledge of university procurement, travel, and financial reporting policies.
- Ability to handle multiple, competing, and simultaneous priorities effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team unit as well as possess the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using UVA's integrated system, UBI, Research UVA, Recon@UVA, and Image Now.
- Experience working in higher education, government, research institutions, or other closely related organizations.
This position is a restricted position and is dependent upon project needs, availability of funding, and performance.
This position will remain open till filled. Review of applications will begin on 10 days after posting.
Complete an application online through Workday and attach the following:
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter detailing your reason for applying
- Contact Information for 3 references
***Please note that you MUST upload multiple documents into the CV/Resume box. Applications that do not contain all the required documents will not receive full consideration. ***
Process for External Applicants: Please apply through Workday, and search for R0023757 '.
Process for Internal UVA Applicants: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs,” and search for R0023757.'
Questions related to the position may be directed to Savanna Galambos, Special Assistant for Administrative Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions regarding the application process should be directed to Daniel Strong, Senior Recruiter, email@example.com.
This is an Exempt level, benefit-eligible position. All roles within the institute are restricted positions and are dependent upon project need, availability of funding, and performance. This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings and programs.
The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. This position also requires an Education Verification (FSAKA).
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.