Clinical Research Coordinator II (Multiple Positions)
Sarver Heart CenterDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The purpose of this position is to assist in the coordination of cardiovascular medicine clinical research studies by screening, recruiting, interviewing and performing study visits.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Screen, recruit and enroll participants for medical studies by interviewing potential participants and reviewing medical history to determine if eligibility requirements are met.
- Evaluate potential study participants to ensure they meet eligibility requirements; instruct study participants concerning research protocol and complete the patient informed consent procedure.
- Schedule and/or perform medical testing per protocol such as drawing blood, vital signs, EKGs,etc., includes processing and packaging of laboratory samples for shipment.
- Assess participants during clinic visit; perform initial review of study lab results; determine if patient is experiencing side effects or other problems; notify principal investigator if problems arise.
- Complete case report forms for each study participant, and document medical data in the patient record and sponsor database. Ensure case report forms or other data collection/tracking tools are created if not provided by sponsor.
- Communicate professionally with physicians, hospital partners and sponsors regarding studies.
- Cross coverage of duties as described above at satellite and partner sites as assigned.
- Weekend and evening departmental support may be required to meet study protocol requirements.
- Provide back up support for other research coordinators and protocols as requested.
- Participate in Sponsors site visits for assigned studies.
- Occasional out-of-state travel may be required for sponsor training.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
*The incumbent should have a demonstrated minimum of 3 years experience in interaction with patients in a clinical setting and/or clinical trial research experience and CITI training.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$33,487 - $46,510Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
5Career Stream and Level:
Clinical ResearchJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
3Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
4/26/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.