Research Technician III (Extended Temporary)(Part Time)
Community Environment & PolicyDepartment Website Link:Location:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Research Technician III will help to conceive and conduct lab- and office-based work carrying out and analyzing field research. This individual will contribute to data analysis anddissemination materials. Will work with a project team comprising faculty, staff, and other graduate and undergraduate students. Will provide mentorship to student workers. This is an Extended Temporary Employment (ETE) position.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans and conducts field research. Works with field sampling teams. Collaborates with student workers and interns. (40%)
- Performs data analysis. Collaborates in analyzing field data. (20%)
- Contributes to research dissemination materials. Assists in writing conference abstracts and presentations and in manuscript development. (10%)
- Attends and contributes to team meetings (5%)
- Develops, adapts, and tests field research protocols. (25%)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required OR minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required in addition to education requirement.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required OR Associates' Degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- Previous field sampling experience.
- Data analysis experience.
*BA or Master's in Public HealthFLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
4Career Stream and Level:
Research & LabJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
5/24/2021Expected End Date:
11/30/2022Contact Information for Candidates:
Paloma Beamer, Ph.D. | [email protected]Open Date:
4/26/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.