Research Professional II, TCRC (College of Medicine - Phoenix)
COM Phx Campus AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
Greater Phoenix AreaAddress:
475 North 5th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004 USAPosition Highlights:
The laboratory of Dr. Christopher Glembotski at the University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix invites highly motivated candidates to apply for a Research Professional II position. The successful candidate will be a well-rounded, enthusiastic individual with training in the broad area of biomedical sciences. The candidate should have experience performing research in a laboratory setting designing, organizing, managing and carrying out research. The incumbent will analyze research hypothesis using controlled investigations, experiments and/or trials for research on studies focused on cardiovascular disease using cell models of cardiac pathology, with a goal toward translating basic science findings to clinically viable potential therapeutics. This individual should be detailed oriented, conscientious, and able to follow instructions and have the ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner orally and in writing.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops, plans, designs, and conducts research under the supervision of senior lab personnel including Dr. Glembotski and Dr. Blackwood. Reviews progress and evaluates results. Coordinates laboratory work including lab equipment management.
- Formulates research methods. Develops or collaborates in the development of new techniques, methods, and equipment.
- Recommends solutions for research methodology by interpreting principles and analyzing complex facts.
- Reviews and edits protocols to ensure coherence, completeness, and consistency.
- Participates in the acquisition of research funding by initiating and writing grant proposals.
- Participates in the writing and research for publications and presentations.
- Guides the work of others and/or provides guidance to a specialized laboratory or research area.
- Manage daily laboratory operations, including supplies ordering and lab inventories related to cellular and molecular biology techniques that will include common use items (e.g., compressed gas, dry ice and liquid nitrogen).
- Perform aspects related to cellular and molecular biology research that include, but are not limited to: qRT-PCR, immunoblotting, immunocytofluorescence, histological preparations and imaging, cell culture (primary cell lines, hiPSCs, etc.), molecular cloning and generation of adenoviruses and adeno-associated viruses.
- Differentiation and culture iPSCs for further experimentation.
- Data analysis, spreadsheet management, and data presentations.
- Assist with the maintenance of laboratory equipment and supplies inventory.
- Serve as the biosafety and chemical safety officer for the TCRC that includes the management of all lab safety and approval protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Cell culturing
- Immunoblotting/Western blotting
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$42,007 - $58,343 annually, Depending on ExperienceCompensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
7Career Stream and Level:
Researchers & ScientistsJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
6/28/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
4/26/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.