Head eSports Coach
The Head eSports Coach is responsible for coaching the coed eSports team in and out of competition. The eSports coach will act as a mentor to players on the team providing guidance and advice in the areas of academics, athletics, and personal development. The coach will be familiar with academic advising as well as being able to provide assistance with retention and registration efforts. The coach will need to be a proficient recruiter and provide a safe, dynamic environment in which the student athletes can learn.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Recruits student-athletes to meet roster and recruitment goals.
- Manages and monitors assigned budget within university guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Schedules inter-collegiate competition during season and off-season within NAIA, NAC, GPAC, and college policies and procedures.
- Adheres to NAIA, NAC, and GPAC policies and regulations and is able to articulate those to student-athletes, recruits, parents, and media.
- Organizes pre-competition and competition arrangements, for example, equipment, facilities, event personnel, etc.
- Arranges practices and practice schedule within college and eSports arena policies.
- Coaches the team during competition and practices in an atmosphere of respect for all persons and acknowledges the values and mission of the university.
- Serves as spokesperson for promotion of athletic team and athletic department.
- Assists with fundraising and general sports promotion for athletic department and university.
- Serves as a member of university committees as requested and/ or assigned.
Directly supervisors all assistant soccer coaches. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in collegiate coaching
- Extensive experience in eSports and Gaming.
- Knowledge of and adherence to NAIA and NAC policies and regulations
- Demonstrated experience as an effective recruiter. Experience within a 300-mile radius of BCU is preferred.