POSITION TITLE: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
The Senior Accountant is responsible for applying General Accepted Accounting Principles to analyze financial information, maintain accuracy in the College accounting records and financial reports.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance/ Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with 4-5 years’ work experience
- Strong work ethic and ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work both as a team and independently
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and determine that accounting procedures are consistent in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepares quarterly financial statements
- Assist in the Budget Process as needed
- Provide oversight of the audit process
- Responsible for month and year end closing processes
- Prepare internal and external reports including Cash Flow, IPEDS, E-Z Audit, etc.
- Administers federal and state drawdowns
- Review and analyze general ledger and trial balance
- Review monthly reconciliation reports for bank statements and investments
- Review all journal entries prepared by accounting staff
- Initiate bank transfers, wires, ach transactions upon approval.
- Submits administrative reports to the Vice President & Associate VP for Finance & Administration regarding problems, plans, etc.
- Communicate with faculty and staff as needed to ensure that all procedures are met when submitting requests for payment and purchases on behalf of the College
- Analyze financial information to prepare journal entries as needed
- Track all capital expenditures, update fixed assets, and depreciation schedule
- Advise of any concerns, violations of internal control, and/or noncompliance of Business Financial Procedures by Faculty, Staff, and/or Student
- Be prepared to take on other accounting duties/projects as needed
Apply for Senior Accountant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly