Support Professional – Dental, Radiologic Technology, and Occupational Therapy Assistant
Date: April 26, 2021
Position Title: Support Professional – Dental, Radiologic Technology, and Occupational Therapy Assistant Programs
Position Number: 1133
Hours Per Week: 40 hours per week/ 52 weeks
Salary: APSS, Level B, $17.08 per hour
Reports to: Program Directors: Dental, Radiologic Tech, Occ. Therapy Asst.
Posting closes: May 10, 2021
Primary support person for GRCC’s Allied Health programs (Dental Assisting, Dental Hygiene, OTA, RT), including program directors, faculty, staff, students and public at large.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Contribute to a positive and professional work environment. Present a positive and professional image and be an excellent goodwill ambassador for the departments and the College.
- Provide high-level secretarial support for administrative and instructional support activities for program directors, and department faculty including but not limited to completing and creating reports, letters, communicating with a diverse population, and using excellent judgment while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality and ethical standards. Respond to customer inquiries for information in a timely manner, either directly or by routing to the appropriate staff. Process all incoming and outgoing mail and e-mail in a timely manner.
- Act as a liaison for students and visitors with faculty and staff including but not limited to: conditions of classes, transcripts, schedules, or other documents from CWIS; assisting with scheduling and enrolling of students as requested.
- Act as a liaison for Advisory Committees, communicating information, arranging for meetings including scheduling of location, refreshments, and preparation and posting of meeting materials, as requested.
- Maintain student data bases re: immunizations, CPR and fingerprinting results. Track data as needed for off campus locations, third party agents and accreditation bodies
- Using data from the health admissions ready list, provide assistance with creating, updating, and maintaining student Educational Development Plans (EDP).
- Arrange for department and other college meetings as needed. Take effective meeting notes, accurately transcribe, disseminate and archive meeting minutes and related materials.
- Assist in the preparation of program forms and documents. Gather and format data for reporting purposes such as annual reports and accreditation reports. Compile data from a variety of sources and create accurate summary reports as requested or required. Work independently to prepare recurring reports and take appropriate action.
- Assist Program Directors / BCOs in maintaining accurate budgets by monitoring budgetary reports and following through with budget transfers as needed. Attend budget meetings and stay current on policies related to budget.
- Create, maintain and update departmental web pages and content.
- Regular attendance during normal scheduled hours is required. Being present is essential for serving customers and performing the essential functions of this position.
- Other duties as assigned by the Allied Health Program Directors, Dean, and/or Associate Dean.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Complete requests for copying (bulk or otherwise) ensuring accurate production and deliver copies within deadline.
- Maintain office machines and troubleshoot office machines assist with resolving computer problems as appropriate with faculty and staff. Organize office so it is efficient and conducive to high volume and sometimes erratic workflow. Replenish office supplies to maintain adequate inventory
- Accurately update or assist with the development of departmental, public, or internal documents, including course outlines, brochures, handbooks, departmental policies or practices, etc.
- Establish and maintain accurate, electronic and paper files. Identify and develop new for new forms to expedite business processes as needed.
- Work with program directors to create, compile, update, and maintain student, graduate, and employer surveys.
- Assist with the orientation of new faculty or staff including but not limited to: office machines, telephone system, computers, e-mail, keys, and parking.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of special departmental events and career days as required.
- Coordinate, input and track book orders each semester for all departments. Order desk copies as necessary.
- Assist with various departmental forms (substitution pay, parking, printing, key requests, voicemail, etc.).
- Assist other departmental secretaries as necessary. Provide back up when they are out of the office.
- Hire, train, and supervise student employee(s). Monitor student worker payroll forms for processing.
- Participate as a member or leader on teams or committees as requested or as mutually agreeable.
- Associates Degree or comparable combination of relevant education and experience.
- National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) preferred.
- A minimum of three or more years of secretarial or administrative assisting experience.
- Experience communicating and working effectively with diverse populations.
- Project a professional image including punctuality, dependability and good attendance records.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality (understanding of FERPA and HIPAA laws and requirements.)
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner. May be required to complete an in-basket assignment to demonstrate these skills.
- Ability to perform daily routine and unexpected duties with minimum supervision.
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient computer skills in PeopleSoft (CWIS, PeopleSoft Financials, Crystal reports), Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Drupal (for webpage updates).
- Meet minimum standards of the ESP testing process (testing components: ability to type a minimum of 35-40 words per minute, 80% proficient in edit/format letter and paragraph retrieval to format a letter, 90% proficient in math). Possess excellent proofreading skills and have an aptitude for detail work including record keeping and filing.
- Must be proficient in verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work in a high traffic, indoor environment.
- Ability to work in busy office with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to handle pressure situations in a professional manner.
- Possess mature judgment.
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.grcc.edu/jobs Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position. Submit a cover letter and resume in one document. The opportunity to apply for this position will close on May 10, 2021 at 11:59 PM ET. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The college will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.