Description* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *The Finance Office has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Asset Accountant position.
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Position #00623716– Requisition 20931
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver—one of America’s most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.Jobs in this career family provide the accounting and financial activities for the University. Functions include general accounting, budget, financial analysis and audit, tax and reporting, accounts payable and receivables, government cost reimbursement, contract administration, cashiering, cash management/ banking, investments, treasury and travel audit.Professionals at the entry level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.At the entry level, duties are limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals and are performed in a training and Development capacity.Position Emphasis
This position will perform accounting duties in the Finance Office and provide accounting service to campus departments and schools. Primary responsibilities include reviewing capital and non-capital transaction queries, capital asset tagging, assisting with the capital equipment inventory, asset disposal review and processing, electronic equipment recycling, assisting with capital asset training, and assisting with month-end and year-end closing tasks.Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Asset Management:
Reviews capital and non-capital transactions on a monthly basisPrepares journal entries associated with the capital and non-capital transaction reviewsPrepares and loads Library Materials and Electronic Resources additionsPrepares and coordinates the capital asset tagging on both campusesAssists with the biennial capital equipment inventory and test countReviews and processes equipment disposal requestsPrepares and coordinates the electronic equipment recycling pickups on both campuses
Assists Lead Plant Fund in conducting trainings, creating training materials, and assisting with coordinating trainings with various groups (Pre/Post Award, Departments, PI’s) – trainings are related to Capital Equipment, Government Property, and other areas as determined necessary.
3. Performs other duties as assigned or requiredThis description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits
The annual salary range for this position is $40,731 - $50,000.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.Preferred Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, business administration or a directly related field from an accredited institution with 24 semester hours in accounting or auditing.
- Prior experience at a Higher Education Institution or State of Colorado Agency.
- Detailed working knowledge of the University of Colorado’s Accounting System.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and familiarity/knowledge of Access.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and governmental accounting standard pronouncements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills with ability to maintain excellent customer service to various campus departments.
- Attention to detail and sound judgement.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent analytical skills are essential in order to properly perform various reconciliations and analyses.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to collaborate with varying levels of authority.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
Finance and AccountingPrimary Location:
Apr 26, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University