University of Colorado – School of Education and Human Development
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.T-Prep CPE LECTURER OPEN CONTINUOUS JOB POSTINGThe School of Education & Human Development at the University of Colorado Denver partners with rural Colorado community colleges to offer multiple teacher licenses on community college campuses. These programs bring together Denver faculty with local experts who have a deep understanding of undergraduate programming and teacher education to be local instructors who prepare the next generation of rural educators.The purpose of this posting is to expand our pool of Lecturers available to teach courses. These are temporary, part-time Lecturer positions, as we build our capacity to offer quality instruction to all students in the School of Education and Human Development.Teaching assignments may fluctuate and are contingent upon the schedule of courses offered each term, the required number of student enrollments in your tentatively scheduled course(s), and budget availability. Thus, we cannot guarantee that you will teach particular courses or that you will actually teach in a given term.Locally taught in person courses are much smaller in size than a normal college course, typically ranging from 8-12 students but can be even smaller with fewer than 5 students. The program values being able to offer in-person instruction for many of the courses even when our cohorts of T-PREP students are not large. In addition, a Denver lead faculty in the content area of the course will collaborate with the T-PREP course instructor to provide a detailed syllabus, assignment guidelines, and on-line course materials to support instructors as well as help orient and support new instructors as they take on the role. Salary and Benefits:The hiring rate (or budgeted rate) for this position has been established at 2 levels.T-PREP Instructor compensation:
- $1,800.00 for five or more students$1,670.80 for less than five students
- Significant successful teaching or work experience in K-12 education, community, or business contexts, especially in urban and diverse settings.At a minimum, an earned master’s degree in relevant content area (some courses may require a minimum of an earned doctoral degree). See minimum qualifications for each academic level below.
- M.A. or M.S. in Education, Human Development, Family Relations, or a closely related discipline, orB.A. or B.S. in Education, Human Development, Family Relations, or a closely related discipline, AND a M.A. or M.S. in any field in addition to at least 18 graduate level credit hours in Education or a closely related discipline, orIf the Master’s Degree is in an unrelated field, the candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of successful experience in the field related to the course documented on the CV. Candidates need to supply some evidence (e.g., subject matter expertise or leadership expertise) of experience.
- Experience with culturally, linguistically, and economically diverse communities, knowledge of urban educational community issues, and an interest in collaborating with a variety of constituencies in an urban environment. Proficient with basic technology (e.g. MS Office)
- Ed.D. or Ph.D. in Education or a closely related field.Experience teaching at the graduate level.Experience teaching online or with blended/hybrid models (e.g. Blackboard or eCollege and LiveText)
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Apr 26, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing