Classification Analyst-Illinois Human Resources-(145537)
Classification Analyst – Illinois Human Resources
Illinois Human Resources Operations
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
PRIMARY POSITION FUNCTION/SUMMARY:
Classify staff positions campus wide as part of a classification team, determining appropriate civil service classification or exemption from civil service classification.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct job analyses to determine the appropriate classification or exemption category for jobs based on the scope of the position, the work performed and the qualifications necessary to perform the work.
- Perform cyclic review of job descriptions to ensure the job content is appropriate for the exemption category at least once every three years. Make changes to positions based on this review.
- Advise hiring departments on the appropriate job title or appropriate exemption category criteria for positions.
- Review appointment change requests to verify the classification or exemption category. Advise employing departments on job structure and classification.
- Advise employing departments on promotional opportunities for positions and incumbents in positions classified as either Civil Service or exempted.
- Research and analyze data to produce reports measuring classification / related activities.
- Identify distinctions/levels of responsibility within a classification based on duties. Recommend comparable positions for particular cases.
- Assist with the analysis, establishment, and revision of job families / progressions, particularly in the custom classifications.
- Serve as a member of the Illinois HR Professional Employment Redesign team.
- Conduct reclassification audits for current civil service employees. Recommend reclassification, reallocation, or retention of each audited position.
- Work with other IHR classifiers to develop references and job aids for campus units, particularly for progressions or growth within a classification.
Reporting and Data Analysis:
- Responsible for periodic/recurring reports related to IHR Classification & Compensation activities.
- Maintain data integrity and validity for such reports.
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in human resources administration, labor relations, business administration, or a field related to the position.
- Two years of work experience performing professional-level human resources duties in an academic, corporate or staffing agency environment.
Successful Candidates will also have:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong time management, multitasking, and organizational skills.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION:
This is a full-time Civil Service Human Resource Associate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after May 10, 2021. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by May 10, 2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.
Step 3) Upload the following documents:
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Jacquelyn Flowers at [email protected]. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Office of the Chancellor Category:2-Administrative Title:Classification Analyst-Illinois Human Resources-(145537) Open Date:04/26/2021 Close Date:05/10/2021 Organization Name:Illinois Human Resources Operations