Assistant Coach, Assistant Director of Football Video - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (...
Assistant Coach, Assistant Director of Football Video
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Illinois is a world leader in research, teaching, and public engagement. We serve the state, the nation, and the world by creating knowledge, preparing students for lives of impact, and addressing critical societal needs through the transfer and application of knowledge. Illinois is the place where we embrace difference. We embrace it because we value it. Illinois is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the Illinois community.
The Division of Intercollegiate Athletics at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign has an opening for an Assistant Coach, Assistant Director of Football Video.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Game & Practice Footage
- Oversee production of instructional material for student-athletes, including management of game footage, including shooting and editing, for evaluation and instruction of coaching staff and team. Maintain working knowledge of scouting, recruiting and video software. Coordinate with coaching staff to organize and produce scouting tapes for recruiting purposes.
- Independently create a fully integrated self-scout report, compiling video clips obtained from practice sessions and in-game play along with written analysis obtained from offensive and defensive coordinators. There are approximately 80 reports prepared each week during the sport season. Independently develop, create, produce and update all motivational videos pieces targeting coaches, recruits and current student athletes appearing on various websites, social media sites and recruiting promotional and information pieces.
- Collect, compile and log recruit videos during recruiting weekends, and provide access to coaches via network.
- Import practice and game footage into XO’s. Marking, cutting and editing footage for instruction to student athletes.
- Assist Director of Football Video in all areas
Video Staff Oversight:
- Direct and oversee all duties and responsibilities regarding football video game analysis, including coordinating staff schedules, hire and select members of video staff, assign and evaluate work.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in communications, computer technology, creative services or related field
Required: Minimum three years prior video production and editing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with, specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position.
- Knowledge and use of XOS Thunder package
- Knowledge of iPad and MicroSoft Surface usage by team and coaching staff members
- Knowledge of Gameplan software and ThunderCloud Application
- Experience with video shooting and editing highlight footage with DSLR’s. •
- Experience with Adobe CC Suite, specifically Premier and AfterEffects.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- May work nights and weekends.
APPOINTMENT STATUS100 % time of appointment PROPOSED START DATEAs soon as possibility after the closing date.
APPLICATION PROCEDURESFor full consideration, please create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your documents by May 10, 2021. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered.
CONTACTFor further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Krissy Doran at [email protected]
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Division of Intercollegiate Athletics Category:5-Education and Student Services Title:Assistant Coach, Assistant Director of Football Video - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (142991) Open Date:04/26/2021 Close Date:05/10/2021 Organization Name:Intercollegiate Athletics