Community Outreach Worker - University of Illinois Extension - Olney, IL (145645)
Community Outreach Worker – University of Illinois Extension
Units 21 & 25 Cluster - Olney, IL (Richland County - Unit 25)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
WE TRANSFORM LIVES.
Everything we do is designed to improve the quality of life of the people in the state of Illinois, across the nation, and around the world. We discover, develop, translate, and disseminate knowledge to address societal concerns and train the next generation of experts and leaders in a way that empowers them to expand the boundaries of science to higher levels of understanding and influence.
Be a part of our story. Through learning partnerships that extend knowledge and change lives, University of Illinois Extension provides educational programs aimed at making life better, healthier, safer, and more profitable for individuals and their communities. Illinois Extension has operated continuously for more than 100 years connecting the citizens of Illinois to their land-grant university by providing educational programming around the state. University of Illinois Extension is based in the College of ACES and works with all colleges and units of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Primary Position Function/Summary: The civil service employee will support the implementation of the University of Illinois Extension Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Education Program (SNAP-Ed) as directed by the specified County Director. The Community Worker will work with local residents (adults and youth) identified for SNAP-Ed programming to provide basic nutrition, food safety, physical activity, and food budgeting education for low-income individuals. The intent of this program is to work in collaboration with SNAP eligible families to provide educational services, information and skills that empower families to make positive changes for their health.
- Conduct basic nutrition, food safety, physical activity and food budgeting programs for intended population at organizations/agencies within the target community as outlined in the SNAP-Ed plan. This may include leading active cooking demonstrations and leading basic physical activity demonstrations for adult and youth audiences.
- Utilize and disseminate nutrition education materials, tool kits, and resources as provided and outlined in the SNAP-Ed plan.
- Collaborate with other Extension staff within the unit/region to meet unit and State SNAP-Ed plan goals
- Refer SNAP-Ed clients to other local agencies (FCRC, WIC, food pantries, etc.) and other Extension staff based upon additional needs/concerns
- Collaborate with specified Extension staff to identify potential community partners that serve low-income families
- In conjunction with partnering organizations, recruit program participants for nutrition education classes/workshops
- As directed, promote Extension opportunities that would meet the needs of target audience
- Collect data for program evaluations to measure program impact
- Complete required reports, including SNAP-Ed activity reports, contact reports, attendance sheets, program evaluations/impact, travel, and other required reporting
- Enter reports into online electronic database as directed
- Participate in local, regional and statewide professional development opportunities and staff meetings Comply with all University of Illinois Extension and USDA policies and procedures in programs and employment
- Perform other duties that contribute to the mission of University of Illinois Extension programming as assigned
- Comply with all University of Illinois Extension Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity policies and guidelines in all aspects of Extension work? assist Unit staff with data collection for Affirmative Action, Gender, and Targeted reports
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year (12 months) of experience (paid or unpaid) in work related to the job to be performed.
For more information about this Civil Service Classification:
This Community Worker position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible Civil Service position. The work schedule is to be determined (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $13.38 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an Exam Request form for COMMUNITY WORKER – Olney, IL Extension. Please include all relevant work/volunteer experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities. This information should be included in the Experience portion of the application. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver’s license (copy of both sides), professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Illinois Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. The University of Illinois must also comply with applicable federal export control laws and regulations and, as such, reserves the right to employ restricted party screening procedures for applicants.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
College Name or Administrative Unit:Unit 25 Category:9-Off-Campus Title:Community Outreach Worker - University of Illinois Extension - Olney, IL (145645) Open Date:04/26/2021 Close Date:05/17/2021 Organization Name:Unit 25