Integrated Marketing Communications Consultant
Job Title: Integrated Marketing Communications Consultant
Job Code: 5271
Job Level: G1
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Summary job description:
While this position reports to the hiring manager and is part of the Marketing Communications Department which is based out of University Tower, this position will be based out of Duke University Hospital and will require the individual to report to DUH for work.
As part of the interview process, we will be administering a timed exercise to assess critical thinking.
This position is responsible for the creation and implementation of integrated marketing communications plans, strategies, tactics, timelines and budgets to support the organizational goals, business objectives and priorities of a Clinical Service Unit (CSU) within the Duke University Health System (DUHS) across all audiences. As part of the CSU operations and with access to broad expertise, capabilities and channels within the DUHS marketing and communications department, this position acts as a key consultant and advisor to assigned business and clinical leaders on marketing and communications best practices, employee engagement strategies, consumer awareness, physician referral marketing, sponsorships, and digital and social media. With excellent facilitative leadership and project management skills, the position regularly monitors integrated marketing communication plans and tactics to ensure maximum effectiveness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the primary marketing and communications consultant for assigned clinical areas to assess and respond to their marketing and communications needs
- Translate service line business opportunities and corresponding market research and analytics into marketing and communications strategies, campaigns and tactics to support the assigned clinical areas
- Develop key messages, differentiators and value propositions related to various components of the plan
- Draft internal and external communications, including copy for marketing collateral
- Act as project manager for creation of promotional materials and campaigns to support tactical implementation of marketing communications strategies
- Work closely with the Clinical Service Unit to identify emerging opportunities or changes that could influence marketing plans or communications to patients, clinicians or staff.
- Ensure tactical execution remains tied to plan objectives and strategies
- Work collaboratively with all areas within marketing & communications (media relations, organizational communications, analytics, digital, social, etc.) to maximize effectiveness of tactical projects
- Work with analytics and campaign team to closely track plan results and regularly report them back to business and clinical leaders
- Execute all components of the marketing communications plan within target budget and timelines
Preferred Qualifications at this Level
Education: Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field is required.
Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills a must. Must be highly organized and show attention to detail. Ability to inspire confidence, earn trust and collaborate in a way that builds relationships.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Bachelor's degree in business administration, healthcare administration, marketing, communications or a related field in required.
Four years of related experience in marketing, marketing communication, or communications, with demonstrated experience in driving the implementation of strategic marketing plans and tactics.
Work experience should include participation in strategic plan development and expertise in tactics that range from collateral material creation and development, to special event management, to highly targeted, audience-specific initiatives.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level
Job Code: 00005271 MARKETING MANAGER
Job Level: G1
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.