SERVICE ACCESS TEAM LEADER
Duke Primary Care is the largest primary care network in the greater Triangle area with family medicine and internal medicine providers, and pediatricians in 34 locations throughout the Triangle.
LOCATION: DURHAM, NC
SCHEDULE: MONDAY-FRIDAY, 8A-5P
General Description of the Job Class
Coordinate and participate in clinic service activities to achieve continuous and optimal patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Coordinate and participate in department/clinic service activities to include greeting, interviewing, registering, admitting and discharging patients.
- Coordinate diagnostic and treatment activities of the department/clinic with services of other departments to ensure effective patient care and efficient service.
- Supervise and participate in determining sponsorship eligibility, making financial arrangements, and establishing fees.
- Maintain liaison with professional medical staff and other personnel in administering policies and procedures regarding patient flow and utilization of space, time, supplies and equipment. Provide recommendations to the Health Center Administrator/department head on policies and procedures to improve patient care and utilization of clinic resources.
- Review patient charges to ensure accuracy and answer questions concerning billing procedures and charges.
- Plan and schedule work for the clerical staff ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate manning, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties. Train new personnel.
- Responsible for or provide recommendations on various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions and vacation schedules.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Qualifications at this Level
High school diploma required.
Four years of experience in a healthcare setting is required.
An Associate's degree in healthcare or business may substitute for two years of experience.
A Bachelor's degree in business or healthcare may substitute for four years of experience.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
DUKE ACCOUNTING SYSTEM
DUKE PAYROLL SYSTEM
Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.