Job location: Worcester
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-26
JOB TITLECustodianLOCATIONWorcesterDEPARTMENT NAMECustodial NightsDIVISION NAMEWorcester Polytechnic Institute - WPIJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYPerforms custodial functions in campus academic and non‑academic buildings; is responsible for maintaining assigned areas in a neat, clean and sanitary manner.JOB DESCRIPTION
- Receives assignments in either a verbal or written form from a supervisor.
- Follows a routine schedule utilizing approved procedures. Maintains various flooring types; dusts and washes walls, partitions, windows; maintains bathroom, showers and other similar facilities. Removes trash and other related duties as assigned.
- Is responsible, as assigned, for unlocking and locking various interior and exterior building doors.
- Operates power operated custodial equipment.
- Moves and relocates furniture, small equipment and belongings not characteristic of rigging.
- During winter, clears snow.
- For sponsored events, sets up, assists at and returns campus facilities to their original state of use.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 60 lbs.
- High School or GED education desirable
- Valid drivers license required
- Ability to use various types of cleaning equipment, both powered and non_powered.
- WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.