Deputy Director of Athletics
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
Lynn is one of the top colleges to work for in the nation, according to a survey by the Great College to Work For program. We are an Honor Roll institution with accolades in 10 categories, including compensation and benefits, confidence in senior leadership, job satisfaction and support, and teaching environment.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Deputy Director of Athletics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the University's mission and athletic department core values of SPIRIT, SERVICE and STRENGTH.
- Serve as an advisor and liaison to the Director of Athletics.
- Contribute as a member of the athletics department leadership team for strategic planning.
- Evaluate and refine the athletic department policies and procedures while communicating the practices to various constituents.
- Serve as the health care administrator which includes supervision for athletic training, sport performance, and sports psychology.
- Manage the athletic budget and payroll operations.
- Develops programming and education for coaches and student athletes on the topics of sexual violence prevention, mental health, diversity, gender issues, nutrition, drug and alcohol and strength and conditioning.
- Ensure the athletic trainers are familiar with the university policies and procedures related to the health and safety for the student athlete.
- Bachelor's degree, though Master's degree is preferred.
- Preference will be given to former collegiate athletes.
- Minimum of five (5) years of full-time athletic administration experience at a NCAA institution.
- The ability to articulate the Lynn University Fighting Knights core values of SPIRIT, SERVICE and STRENGTH.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, inspire and lead others.
- Demonstrated professional judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrated flexibility, time management, initiative, organizational skills and daily multi-tasking.
- Ability to delegate and empower staff.
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn UniversityAmericans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreportFor your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.