Senior Assistant Dir, Visitor Experience
Senior Assistant Dir, Visitor Experience
Target Hire Date
05/03/2021 - 10 days to go
Join our community and experience Emerson College!
The Senior Assistant Director of Visitor Experience is responsible for managing the College's on-campus Graduate and Undergraduate visit program, including the Ambassador Program, the College's Visitor Center, and on-campus special events. The Senior Assistant Director brings demonstrated management/leadership expertise, with primary responsibility for leading a student-centered ambassador program of approximately 40 student employees.
The Senior Assistant Director is responsible for developing goals and identifying tracking mechanisms for measurement, including the continual strengthening of ambassador training and support efforts, expansion of campus visit options, and mitigation of barriers to participation.
Management & Leadership
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and provide support and advisement to student staff.
- Develop a robust program of strategic, continuous training to enhance knowledge of academic programs, college policies, and current events to share with student workers and prospective students and families.
- Oversee the coordination of scheduling and payroll for student staff in the Visitor Center.
- Supervise student Ambassadors in support of initiatives spanning the College community, coordinating with other managers or departments as necessary.
Daily Visit Coordination
- Supervise programming offerings and staff/student coverage, accommodate prospective and admitted students (including undergraduate, graduate, and transfer populations) and other visitors (families, counselors, and alumni). Monitor guest/student/staff feedback regarding admission tours and programming and adjust messages/offerings accordingly. Provide regular reports on campus visitor activity.
- Collect and respond to requests for group visits and class visits, coordinating schedules as necessary. Liaise with other departments as needed to ensure facility availability for campus tours.
- Develop and implement tour schedule based on student/staff availability and historical data; maintain records of campus visit data to assist in planning.
- Management of all visits in Slate & Basecamp.
- Assist with management of Panoscape screens & Student Bridge tour updates.
- Meet with walk-in visitors and present information sessions when needed.
- Assist the Senior Associate Director of Admissions and Visit Experience in planning and executing large scale on-campus events for Undergraduate Admission; including student staff supervision, on-site coordination, and managing partnerships with on- and off-campus vendors as needed.
- Visitor Center Coordination.
- Ensure that the Admission Visitor Center is adequately staffed for Graduate and Undergraduate Admission events and visits. Manages the calendar for space reservations within and outside of Enrollment Management, working closely with campus partners on event space logistics. Maintain appearance of the Visitor Center, including printed marketing materials and technology. Revise information session presentations with college updates as needed.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Demonstrated experience leading student employees through direct supervision or indirect leadership capacity.
- Strong multitasking skills, including the ability to work effectively as a team player as well as work independently.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including public speaking and individual/group counseling skills.
- At least three to five years of professional experience in college admissions or a closely related field.
Nice to Have:
- Direct management or supervisory experience with student employees.
- Experience in a higher-education admissions or visitor center setting
- Slate experience preferred.
- Professional experience in a student development role.
- Usual Office Conditions
- Intellectual and mental concentration and the need to concentrate, intellectually, for extended periods of time - Yes
- Requires the constant coordination of mental and visual attention - No
- Requires the ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time - Yes
- Required to move/lift objects that are - Light
- Required to move/life objects - Occasionally
- Travel? - Some but Infrequent
Grade of Position: A16E
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
Hiring Range: $61,350.00 - $64,300.00
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/Senior-Assistant-Dir--Visitor-Experience_JR002606
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers. The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands. Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society. Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza, Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone: 617-824-8999; email: [email protected]
Annual Clery Report
In accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson College commits to providing all current and prospective students and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police Department website.
Information on Emerson College staff grade range
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency