Business Operations Specialist
Business Operations Specialist
Job ID: 226202
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Ensures all expense transactions for the assigned department, college, unit and/or location are compliant with established fiscal policies and procedures of the University, Board of Regents, State of Georgia, and other governing bodies. May be responsible for reviewing, coding and posting all travel expense, requisitions, accounts payable and p-card transactions in the designated financial systems. May be responsible for monitoring purchasing card activity. Serves as liaison between the department business operation services and other administrative units within the department and university. Assists with the development and enforcement of new business policies and procedures.
- Serves as liaison between the department business operation services and other administrative units within the department and university
- Responsible for entering payments and requisitions for travel, events, ordering supplies and materials for location and ensuring transactions are compliant with federal, state and regulatory guidelines and policies.
- Responsible for assisting as backup for check process (positive pay files, ACH files, Wires, etc.)
- Responsible for loading assigned prepaid cards as needed
- Responsible for reviewing all cash advances and reconciling advances to expenses
- May assist professional staff with contracts, purchasing, eProcurement requisitions, Owl Pay requests and purchasing card payments as assigned
- Prepares and posts accounts payable for electronic processes
- Coordinates, reviews, and ensures all financial transactions are processed accurately and timely, maintaining compliance with USG policies, State of Georgia policies, Foundation policies, and other regulatory guidelines
- Responsible for maintaining all financial files and archiving data yearly
- May be responsible for managing wireless service account for assigned department(s)
- Monitors and assess office equipment, stationery and supply needs and order items as needed
- May be responsible for maintaining department inventory and/or technology assets
- Assists with administrative and clerical support in the absence of the administrative staff for the departments
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Accounting or related field or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
One (1) year related experience in bookkeeping or accounting
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Familiar with PeopleSoft Financials or other financial services programs
Previous experience reviewing and reconciling travel expense statements; Higher Education Experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Strong financial process knowledge with the ability to deliver results; Capacity to thrive in a fast-pace environment
Knowledge of financial processes and guidelines
Detail-oriented with the ability to process data entry quickly and accurately
Effective team player, flexible, quick learner, and self-motivated
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position requires a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Credit Report
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=226202&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency