Job ID: 225941
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Develops, supports and maintains various software applications and solutions in support of the University's mission.
- Executes the full life cycle of complex software solutions, including research, new development, prototyping, modification, reuse, re-engineering, maintenance, documentation, and other related activities that result in software-based products, ensuring their security, stability, integrity, and recoverability
- Develops applications and integrations according to specifications using appropriate programming languages, tools, development methodologies, and adhering to relevant standards, while communicating progress, and delivering within scheduled timelines
- Uses appropriate algorithms, logic, and data structures to solve problems
- Writes well organized, documented, and readable code
- Uses appropriate revision control practices
- Develops test plans and ensuring that code is well tested, covering expected cases and exceptions
- Works constructively and collaboratively to resolve problems
- Analyzes performance and function of code and takes action to correct deficiencies
- Assists in developing and maintaining departmental coding standards and participates in peer code reviews
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experience in one or more web frontend frameworks, either Vue or React
- One (1) or more years of experience in SQL
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
Three (3) years of related development experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Proficiency with one or more of the following technologies and concepts: Python, PHP, ASP.NET, and Java; Django, Bootstrap, and JQuery; SQL and PL/SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MS-SQL; Git; object-oriented design; data modeling; containerization
Experience within a higher-education environment; Experience with Agile development methodologies; Experience with distributed revision control systems
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience developing and utilizing REST-based APIs
- Experience developing database-centric applications and working with query languages
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages, such as Python, PHP, Java, PL/SQL, and ASP.NET
- Experience with web frameworks and technologies, such as Django, Bootstrap, JQuery, ASP.NET, Laravel, and Angular
- Experience with data exchange and object notation formats, such as JSON and XML
- Knowledge and experience in using IDEs, such as Visual Studio Code, PyCharm, and Eclipse
- Knowledge and experience working in both GUI and command-line environments
- Knowledge and experience developing secure code and working knowledge of OWASP principals
- Ability to develop software that meets technical specifications to satisfy business requirements
- Able to write code that utilizes advanced programming algorithms and data structures
- Able to accurately estimate development times and meet deadlines
- Understanding of software design patterns, such as model-view-controller and object-oriented methodologies
- Experience troubleshooting software issues using debugging tools and diagnostic methods
- Able to work with minimal supervision, seeking assistance when significant deviations are proposed or when unprecedented problems arise
- Able to anticipate problems and proactively develop appropriate solutions
- Able to appropriately assess and communicate risks, benefits, and alternatives
- Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=225941&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency