Job ID: 226243
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Performs administrative duties in support of the day-to-day operations of degree auditing in relation.
to program and department curriculum requirements. Analyzes and interprets information regarding
Board of Regents (BOR) and institutional degree policies and procedures. Responsible for analysis, coordination, and layout of all student commencement related functions.
- Assist with Awarding Degree's via Banner at the end of each term
- Manage web-based commencement and graduation third party vendor portals
- Oversee multiple graduation related resource accounts
- Identify and troubleshoot all problems associated with student petitions
- Research historical consolidated data for replacement diploma requests
- Oversee and coordinate all Registrar's Office related commencement functions each semester
- Develop and maintain ongoing student related commencement exception spreadsheets (overlapping semesters)
- Collaborate with academic departments regarding missing student related details for commencement programs each semester
- Create all graduation related documentation upon student request
- Maintain position specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Responsible for completing all phases of degree auditing
- Research curriculum to review necessary changes and exceptions to student audit
- Develop proficiency utilizing curriculum management systems
- Collaborate with campus community to ensure BOR and institutional compliance
- Provide assistance to academic community regarding student audit interpretation
- Manage assigned student workflow process in the electronic file storage systems
- Communicate with advisors, program coordinators, deans, and chairs regarding curriculum related and catalog idiosyncrasies
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
One (1) year of related higher education or industry related experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Previous experience with degree auditing
Experience with Banner, NOLIJ, On Base, Degree Works
Experience with university student information systems
Familiarity with University System of Georgia (USG) policies
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Interpret degree and/or program requirements
Ability to diffuse difficult and emotional situations
Able to interpret degree and/or program requirements and related university policies
High standards of ethics, honesty, integrity and confidentiality
Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one-time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of KSU FERPA regulations
Knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures for Graduation Audit
Proven success working with academic departments
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, Banner, NOLIJ, Degree Works or student information systems)
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem-solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management, and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=226243&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency