Online Learning Librarian
Online Learning Librarian
The Loyola Notre Dame Library (LNDL) seeks a dynamic and innovative librarian to join our Research and Technology Services Department. The Online Learning Librarian, who will report to the Research and Innovation Librarian, will lead and direct the creation, implementation, and assessment of online learning services and programs.
The successful candidate will communicate effectively and work collaboratively with campus partners to grow and continuously improve the Library’s online learning program that supports the information needs of a diverse population of undergraduates, graduates, and faculty at Loyola University Maryland and Notre Dame of Maryland University.
• Grow and continuously improve an effective program of online instruction including managing, developing, and accessing a broad range of teaching and learning objects that support research, teaching, and learning for faculty, students, and staff. Examples include, but are not limited to, modular web-based tutorials, instructional videos, research guides, and emerging educational technologies.
• Proactively seek faculty partners to promote and integrate information and digital literacy instruction into academic programs.
• Provide library research instruction to on-campus and remote students incorporating active learning into both in-person and online experiences.
• Work closely with units on the two campuses (Loyola University Maryland and Notre Dame of Maryland University) to provide services to students including, but not limited to, technology services and online program support.
• Investigate and implement enhancements to services for remote students.
• Coordinate LNDL’s participation in the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities’ (AJCU) Virtual Reference consortium and provide general reference service.
• Perform liaison duties to promote services and resources to faculty.
• Participate in departmental and library-wide initiatives.
• ALA-accredited Master’s in Library/Information Science;
• Demonstrated instruction experience;
• Demonstrated knowledge of current trends, best practices, and issues in online learning;
• Demonstrated knowledge of video conferencing software;
• Demonstrated effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
• Demonstrated leadership skills;
• Ability to work creatively and effectively both individually and collaboratively;
• Ability to thrive in a changing work environment and demonstrated commitment to professional development.
• Experience providing research and/or instructional design support;
• Working knowledge of online learning theory;
• Working knowledge of platforms such as Zoom, Sidecar Learning, LibGuides, and other learning object creation software;
• Coursework or degree in instructional technology design;
• Working knowledge of open-source technologies, course management software, web design, or instructional design;
• Familiarity with inclusive pedagogies and instruction practices in order to engage students who are historically underrepresented and underserved in traditional academic libraries;
• Familiarity with tools and standards for creating accessible online learning objects.
About the Library:
The Loyola Notre Dame Library, located in a residential area of north Baltimore City, is a member of University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions (USMAI) and serves as the library for Loyola University Maryland and Notre Dame of Maryland University. Loyola University Maryland, a member of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities, is recognized for excellence in teaching and learning and Notre Dame of Maryland University is a leader in the education of women and non-traditional students. The Library serves a total student population of 5,819 FTE that includes 4,529 FTE at Loyola and 1,290 FTE at Notre Dame.
The Library offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical, access to dental, life, and disability insurance, as well as TIAA retirement. Successful candidates will be subject to a pre‐employment background check. Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, the Loyola Notre Dame Library is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive. Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in USA. No Visa sponsorship is offered for this position.
Application Procedures: Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Please submit electronically a resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) work-related references with “Online Learning Librarian” in the subject line to Briana Marine, Administrative Operations Coordinator: [email protected].
Apply for Online Learning Librarian
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly