EIS Retention Coordinator, Senior - Division of Infectious Diseases (UPDATED)
MedicineDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
655 N. Alvernon Way STE 210, Tucson, AZ 85711 USAPosition Highlights:
Please Note: The title for this position has been updated. The EIS Retention Coordinator, Sr. works in the Division of Infectious Diseases, and is responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating patient retention activities to reengage patient with HIV (PWH). The Retention Coordinator collaborates with the PHC team members to identify patients who are eligible for Retention services to promote improved health outcomes for PWH.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate patient retention interventions aimed at identifying and re-engaging out of care PWH. Locate out of care or at-risk patients by conducting outreach services to PWH. Provide elevated engagement efforts and intensive re-engagement strategies to identified patients.
- Receive, evaluate and catalog referrals for new patients, introduce establishing patients to PHC practice operations, schedule and conduct intakes, schedule initial appointments, order labs and assess for other acute EIS needs.
- Coordinates patients’ support needs with collaborators such as behavioral health agencies and community based organizations providing ancillary services such as housing, case management and transportation.
- Conduct field visits as needed to Pima County Adult Detention Center, in-patient medical facilities, skilled nursing facilities, residential treatment centers, and behavioral health facilities to engage patients and reconnect or bolster their engagement with PHC.
- Schedules follow-up appointments and conducts follow-up activities to ensure patients return for clinic visits.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree (Social Work/Public Health) or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
*Master's Degree in Social Work/Public Health.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Outreach and Community EngagementBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$42,007 - $48,000Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
7Career Stream and Level:
Cmty OutreachJob Function:
Outreach & Community EngageType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Karena Nespoli,HR Coordinator |[email protected] |520-626-5697Open Date:
4/21/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.