Research Technician III (Part Time/Full Time)
ImmunobiologyDepartment Website Link:
University of Arizona Health SciencesAddress:
UAHS-Tucson, Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The successful candidate will work independently at Biosafety Level 3 to generate and curate viral stocks; perform neutralizing test titers; and complete functional immune assays aimed at understanding how immune system function changes as we age.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here. This position will require maintenance of cell culture and lab equipment, record keeping and filing, and training of personnel. Experience handling mice, working with viral pathogens, cell culture, processing and handling of animal or human tissue specimens, ELISA, and flow cytometry is ideal.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform complex experiments in support of research projects using techniques including: virus culture, plaque assay, neutralization tests, ELISA, immunohistochemistry, and high-parameter flow cytometry.
- Work at biosafety level 2 and 3 required with pathogens including West Nile virus, SARS-CoV-2, Chikungunya virus, and Kunjin virus.
- Direct mouse handling and experiments will be necessary.
- Organization and reporting of annotated data to the project lead, lab notebook maintenance, record keeping, and statistical analysis.
- Assist in writing summary reports.
- Train researcher staff in lab techniques and procedures.
- Provide general research support to the lab including stocking of supplies, glass washing, and autoclaving.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required OR minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required in addition to education requirement.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required OR Associates' Degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
To be DeterminedNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$14.38 - $19.96Compensation Type:
4Career Stream and Level:
Research & LabJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Jennifer Uhrlaub | [email protected]Open Date:
4/21/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Please submit cover letter, resume and three references.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.