Administrative Assistant II (Pharmacy Administration)
Pharmacy AdministrationDepartment Website Link:Location:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
1295 N. Martin Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85721 USAPosition Highlights:
The College of Pharmacy seeks an Administrative Assistant to join a great team in our Office of Student Services. This position will work closely with the assistant dean and student services staff to complete assigned task, meet deadlines and implement goals of the entire office.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- This Administrative Assistant position will staff the front desk of our busy student-serving office by checking students and visitors in for appointments and opening and closing the office. The position will also perform a variety of administrative and/or secretarial support duties to include, but not limited to:
- Answer the main College and office phone lines, responding to routine and non-routine inquiries from faculty, staff, students, alumni, public and outside agencies utilizing knowledge of department, college and university knowledge. Directing callers to appropriate staff or department when necessary.
- Must be able to interact in a professional, friendly and positive manner with students, faculty, staff, guests and the public, over the phone and in person.
- Be a cohesive and integral part of the Student Services Team.
- Support routine administrative processes, including:
- ordering and receiving materials.
- processing internal request forms and reimbursements
- managing and approving room reservations in a multi-college scheduling system.
- filing and recording student documents while maintaining confidentiality related to performance of student services, maintaining records, official functions and actions.
- Maintain Assistant Dean and work/leave office calendars, regularly prioritizing meetings and appointments. Schedule team and committee meetings as requested by Student Services staff (Zoom or in-person). Prepare required background information, agendas and meeting minutes.
- Assist with college related events which may include duties such as arranging catering, preparation of event materials, travel itineraries, transportation needs. Participate on event days as part of the Student Services team.
- Create record-keeping processes, structures and databases to process travel and expense reimbursements for students adhering to Financial Service Office policies.
- Process PCard financials and reconcile statements.
- Manage accounts for Assistant Dean.
- Ensure compliance with all College and University policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
*Extensive computer skills in Microsoft Office. Knowledge of UA processes, procedures, UA travel policies and UAccess. *Zoom experience. *Microsoft Publisher or like program experience. *Ability to work on multiple tasks with interruptions.FLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Organizational AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$14.38 - $19.96Compensation Type:
4Career Stream and Level:
Administrative SupportJob Function:
Organizational AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
6/21/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Barbara Collins |[email protected]Open Date:
4/21/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.