Computer Operations Analyst I
IT Service ManagementDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
University Information Technology Services (UITS), within the University of Arizona, is seeking an Computer Operations Analyst I to join the 24/7 Service Continuity Team. In an environment that operates 24 hours a day and seven days a week, the Computer Operations Analyst I provides proactive monitoring and alerting of Enterprise applications. The team is also responsible for the communication and management of incidents that impact the University community. Please note available schedule for this position is Tuesday to Saturday 12 pm -9 pm.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
UITS is a $60M organization of approximately 300 employees responsible for providing enterprise network, telecommunications, computing, and data services to the University of Arizona. UITS offers a broad array of services to the university community ranging from deploying and managing the campus’ wired and wireless networks to stewardship of the administrative applications that support the HR, payroll, finance, and student lifecycle management activities of the institution. Also, UITS recently unveiled its next-generation high performance computing environment to support the computationally intensive needs of UA research faculty.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working in a 24×7 environment, receives and prioritizes incoming telephone, portal, and email requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with enterprise systems, networking and other computing-related technologies.
- Utilizes Enterprise Monitoring Platforms to proactively monitor campus services, networks, systems hardware, and batch processing schedules.
- Manages IT related incidents that impact areas of the campus community.
- Provides initial communication of outages that impact campus as well as regular updates during the resolution process.
- Acts as a liaison between the support center and technical teams during customer impacting outages.
- Logs and tracks calls using a specialized database, and maintains history records and related documentation.
- Works with and supports campus professionals.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience is required.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment ensuring solutions meet the needs of a diverse and broad audience.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- General knowledge of IT principles, theories and concepts.
- Is competent in all job functions and has general understanding of the industry practices, techniques and standards.
- Ability to multitask and possess strong time management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge with contacts at multiple levels.
- Ability to appropriately implement policies and procedures for support products.
- Excellent decision-making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
•Experience with ticketing systems.
•Experience in support and administration for multiple products.
•Ability to multitask and shift priorities quickly.
•Strong customer service skills.
•Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
•Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
•Proven organizational and time management skills.
•Demonstrated ability in working independently and within a team environment.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Information TechnologyBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
7Career Stream and Level:
Computer OperationsJob Function:
Information TechnologyType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
4/21/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Please attach a document with a list of at least three professional references (one should be at least prior supervisor)Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.