Title: Systems Administrator
Job no: S000625
Location: Harrisburg Campus
Categories: Information Technology
Job Summary: This position is responsible for mission critical services and is required to troubleshoot, monitor and maintain at least one enterprise system. In addition, this position is required to be a secondary backup resource for at least one college-wide system. Primary responsibilities may include learning management systems (LMS), storage area network (SAN), email, web services, virtual servers, virtual desktops (VDI) and Cloud delivered technology.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience or, a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: Microsoft certifications such as MCSA, MCSE or MCITP Server Administrator or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired.
Hiring Range: $49,508-$63,123
Job Specific Task List:
- Performs cross platform audits of Microsoft Active Directory (AD) objects and user account permissions; maintains organizational units in AD; manages security groups with group policies; maintains and modifies email distribution lists and email accounts; installs, supports and tests applications and programs related to LMS systems. - (Essential)
- Enhances servers by performing system integrity checks; anticipates, mitigates and resolves server issues; participates in and supports capacity planning and development of long-term strategic goals for systems; develops and maintains Standard Operating Procedures (SOP); maintains a knowledge base of system changes. - (Essential)
- Ensures the integrity of system backups are performed; responds to notifications of outage during business and off peak hours; monitors and maintains system performances. - (Essential)
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships; utilizes appropriate communication methods; communicates via available technology (phone, email, virtual meeting) or in person; provides mentoring and cross training for other team members in support of Microsoft Active Directory (AD), group policies and server management; provides backup and support to other employees within the department. - (Essential)
- Manages projects and assesses their effectiveness; resolves complex integration issues connecting multiple vendor systems through common elements - (Essential)
- Travels to other campuses and off-site locations as needed; must have a dedicated high speed connection for connection to the college's resources remotely; must be reachable by phone during hours the college is operating; reachable by phone twenty-four hours a day seven days a week; flexibility in work schedule is required. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:ExcellenceWe set high goals and achieve them.We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.We provide exceptional service to all.InnovationWe challenge the status quo.We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Apr 23, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: May 23, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time