IT Service Analyst - Technology Services (144896)
IT Service Analyst
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Technology Services Help Desk has an opening for an IT Technical Associate. This position provides technical expertise and support in a highly technical campus environment. We are looking for candidates with high technical competency, strong communication skills, and an interest in learning and a willingness to pass it on to others.
Illinois is a world leader in research, teaching, and public engagement. We serve the state, the nation, and the world by creating knowledge, preparing students for lives of impact, and addressing critical societal needs through the transfer and application of knowledge. Illinois is the place where we embrace difference. We embrace it because we value it. Illinois is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the Illinois community.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO
PRIMARY POSITION FUNCTION/SUMMARY:
Provides technical expertise in a highly technical campus environment in the areas of data and networking, applications, security, and computing. Assists in daily operations associated with Technology Services service support including prevention, minimization, and elimination of problems and incidents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes/resolves/documents requests, incidents, and inquiries in Tier 2 based on specialized knowledge of systems and software. Independently determines escalation of requests, incidents, and inquiries to service administrators/Tier 2 Support.
- In collaboration with the Manager, identify trends and translate non-technical service issues from customers and Help Desk Tier 1 into potential problem tickets. Recommend process and service improvements to improve efficiency and customer service, such as preventing issues or resolving them at a lower tier of support.
- Assists with the development of Technology Services service lifecycle processes creates Knowledge Base materials for use within Tier 1 and 2 provision and de-provision accounts assists in the development of new and existing incident management processes.
- Receives and tracks requests, incidents, and inquires analyzes and interprets requests, incidents, and inquires research and troubleshoot requests, incidents and inquires for Tier 1 and Tier 2.
- Provides feedback to Tier 1 staff (IT Support Associates and/or students) on their work and incident management best practices. Participate in the evaluation of student workers.
- Develops and/or provide training on Technology Services process and tools, particularly to Help Desk Tier 1 staff. Provide guidance and cultivate technical and customer service skills in less experienced staff.
- Performs Audiovisual (AV) checks in general assignment classrooms on campus.
- Completes classroom trainings on AV equipment in general assignment classrooms on campus.
- Serves on cross-department functional teams to resolve problems and noticeable trends serves on special projects providing technical leadership.
Required: Two years of progressively more responsible experience in IT User/Customer Support or in a Help Desk support role. College course work which included Information Technology (IT), IT Management, or a closely related discipline may be substituted as follows:
- 60 semester hours or associate degree equals one (1) year
- 90-120 semester hours or bachelor’s degree equals two (2) years
Preferred: Three years overall IT experience with one year being in Higher Education. A general understanding of the structure of the university including various colleges, offices and departments and their function. Experience working in an IT Help Desk troubleshooting tickets.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understands and has the ability to use many different computer software programs and on-line databases such as but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Unified Communications (Outlook Exchange, Skype for Business, Teams), Box, knowledge base, and customer request ticketing/tracking systems.
- Ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and efficient manner, work with numerous interruptions and to multitask, work with others cooperatively, provide a positive customer service experience to those with inquires, adapt quickly to frequently changing policies.
- Ability to exercise initiative, use independent judgment, work well and communicate well with a widely diverse population of customers and coworkers. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive organizational and time-management skills.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service IT Technical Associate position with a working title of IT Service Analyst position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after May 10, 2021. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by May 10, 2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application using the “Apply for Position” button below.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable), and names/contact information for three references.
To be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact [email protected] For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.
The University of Illinois must also comply with applicable federal export control laws and regulations and, as such, reserves the right to employ restricted party screening procedures for applicants.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Office of the CIO Category:8-Technical Title:IT Service Analyst - Technology Services (144896) Open Date:04/23/2021 Close Date:05/10/2021 Organization Name:Technology Services Support