Assistant Director, Intramural Sports
Job no: 498568
Department: Recreational Sports Center
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Athletics, Recreation
Status: Full Time
Assistant Director, Intramural SportsSalary/Grade:
$36,000 - $38,000Hours Per Week:
Responsible for the administration of all Intramural programs and special events. Assist with First-year learning communities (LLC), youth programs, and club sports supervision. Involvement in finance, marketing, staff recruitment and supervision, risk management, assessment, scheduling and strategic departmental initiatives.
• Develop and administer all Intramural program policies and procedures
• Coordinate the maintenance, supervision, scheduling, and planning for IM programs.
• Maintain, coordinate and update use of IMleagues
• Generate program reports for participation, injuries, incidents and assist in assessment of the Intramural program.
• Provide leadership and support to the IM supervisors and officials regarding decision making, responsibility, teamwork, and conflict resolution.
• Assist with the development and implementation of LLC curriculum and conduct instructional workshops for students.
• Assist in marketing and promotion of intramural, youth and club sports programs.
• Conducts annual assessment for programming effectiveness and satisfaction
• Bachelor’s degree
• One year of related experience (i.e. sports programming supervision/training, and or officiating)
• CPR & First Aid Certification (within 30 days of hire)
• Master’s degree with three years related Intramural and club sports experience.
• Two years of gymnastics coaching or teaching experience.
• One year of summer camp experience.
• Officiating and or playing experience in soccer, softball, flag football, and or volleyball.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Candidate must be able to work independently, be detail-oriented, have a firm understanding of sport trends, possess excellent communication and customer service skills, function well in a team setting, and show motivation to grow skills through professional development / certifications. Demonstrated ability to successfully balance, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks in an active, fast-paced environment. Excellent oral, written, computer, problem-solving, critical thinking, and fiscal management skill.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Benefits Eligible:
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 23 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time