MOSDOH - Education Manager Pre-Clinical
A.T. Still University's Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral Health (ATSU-MOSDOH) is seeking an Education Manager Pre-Clinical on the Kirksville, Missouri, campus. The position reports to Vice Dean, Academic Affairs. The incumbent is responsible for the continued implementation of MOSDOH’s curriculum and assessment for all D1 and D2 courses. Various tasks require advanced coordination skills and the ability to work independently, without being told individual steps to complete tasks. The individual must possess strong organizational skills, have advanced problem solving skills and excellent customer service skills. This position provides support to administrators on an as needed basis.
May require some weekend and evening work. Travel to area/regional community service learning sites, locations for training/development, and the St. Louis Dental Center may be required.
Major Job Duties
- Work directly with the Vice Dean to successfully plan, develop, and implement D1 & D2 courses and D43 & D4 course as needed from start to finish.
- Provide instructional design for D1-D4 courses including the set-up and maintenance of the learning management systems.
- Work with instructors and course directors to obtain materials for all D1 & D2 courses and D43 & D4 course as needed.
- Google calendar coordinator (D1 and D2).
- Order and track educational and instructional supplies for student group activities as needed for all D1 & D2 courses.
- Update standard curriculum documents as needed (syllabus template, policies, etc.)
- Input and track course grades D1 & D2.
- Monitor and manage dental course development and SME contracts.
- Facilitate and monitor adjunct faculty teaching contracts.
- Coordinate adjunct faculty travel arrangements and travel reimbursements for preclinical courses.
- Order and track educational and instructional supplies for student group activities.
- Coordinate schedule of all visiting lecturers.
- Oversee electronic class schedules for D1 and D2 courses.
- Prepare final grades for D1 and D2 courses and submit for review and final approval.
- Assist office of Academic Affairs in course evaluation scheduling.
- Develop end of course summary reports for all D1 & D2 courses.
- Work with the Education Coordinator to track student community service activities and develop a yearly summary for the Dean’s Annual Report.
- Assist with data collection etc. and provide data reports for CODA, any data platforms, special assignments etc. as requested by the Vice Dean.
- Assist with special events, faculty advance etc., as requested by the Vice Dean.
- Develop and monitor course teaching contracts for adjunct faculty
- Proctor examinations when needed
- Provide instructional design for D1-D4 courses including the set-up and maintenance of the learning management system
- Work with course director(s) to revise and update courses on learning management system
- Attend MOSDOH Curriculum committee meetings
- Ensure all course deliverables are received and uploaded to appropriate MOSDOH computer drive(s)
- Curriculum project management as needed
- Manage the learning management system for D1 & D2 courses
Service Learning Responsibilities
- Assist the Education Coordinator(s) as needed in community participation opportunities for students and the public and help coordinate logistics
- Community participation opportunities to students and the public and coordinate logistics
- A bachelor’s degree is desired or the equivalent combination of education/experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities are acquired.
- Must have excellent computer skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint and I-pad knowledge.
- Must be knowledgeable of Google email functions, electronic calendars, linking Google documents, and Internet search engines.
- Time management skills
- Proofing abilities
- Professional office and phone etiquette
- Ability to establish priorities
- Ability to recognize, manage, and protect sensitive/confidential information
- Must be able to become familiar with database utilization including learning management systems and exam testing software
- Must be willing to work independently and closely with others
- Must be of even temperament
- Must treat students, staff, and faculty in a collegial manner
- Must be able to juggle several projects while meeting deadlines with strong prioritization abilities
- Must represent ATSU in a highly professional manner with both internal and external stakeholders