Sr. Representative Benefits
Sr. Representative Benefits🔍Houston, Texas, 3100 MainNew📁Managerial & Professional📅21001CH Requisition #📅1 day ago Post DateSUMMARY
Provides day to day support to the benefits team with benefit transactions relating to health, welfare, retirement and leaves. Answers questions and researches issues raised by employees, supervisors and application of HCC benefits policies and procedures, state and federal regulations. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes new benefit enrollments, and status changes, maintains and updates HCC PeopleSoft for specific benefit programs and prepares reconciliations for supplemental benefit plans.
- Compiles benefit packets for new hire orientations, assists new employees in completion of benefit forms and follows up regarding outstanding forms and information.
- Reviews and enters ERS health and welfare benefits for new hires, family status changes and TSA and supplemental benefit elections and changes.
- Ensures accuracy of benefit transactions, assures compliance with applicable laws and regulations and maintains an accurate database of benefit coverage, monitoring benefit enrollments, changes and payroll deductions.
- Processes and completes data entry of incoming requests to confirm separation for part-time retirement plans and college bereavement acknowledgements.
- Participates in planning and coordinating periodic benefits open enrollment programs and other benefit events including employee education benefit fairs and wellness fairs for all faculty staff, including development of content materials.
- Provides top-level customer service by assisting employees with questions regarding benefits and leaves, electronically distributes regulatory notices and maintains scanning of documents to the electric filing system.
- Maintains electronic and hardcopy files and bulk mailings.
- Recommends process improvements and monitors customer feedback as a means of enhancing service responsiveness.
- Monitors Family Medical Leave application and approval process.
- Provides front desk coverage, as necessary, responding to general inquires, taking messages and other duties as assigned.
- Assists with development of procedures and other written communications to employees.
- Generates PeopleSoft queries and analyzes data in connection with benefits programs; reconciles premiums using Excel supplemental benefits.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. EDUCATION
Associate’s degree or equivalent college hours required preferably in Human Resources, Business or closely related field. Four (4) years directly related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.EXPERIENCE
Three (3) years’ work experience preferably in an education benefits office/academic environment required.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.The Organization
- Proficiency with PC operation using software packages including MSWord, Windows, and Excel;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of HCC employees; and
- Excellent phone skills required.
Houston Community College (HCC) is an open-admission, public institution of higher education offering a high-quality, affordable education for academic advancement, workforce training, career development and lifelong learning to prepare individuals in our diverse communities for life and work in a global and technological society. We’re proud to say that 98 percent of our graduates step into a job in their field of study immediately upon graduation. One of the largest community colleges in the nation, HCC has served the Greater Houston area for over four decades. Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Schools Commission on Colleges, we offer 300+ associate degree and certificate programs to 75,000+ students across 13 Centers of Excellence and online each semester. We are proud to be No.1 among all community colleges in the nation in providing associate degrees to minorities and No.1 in educating international students, with 10.4 percent of our student population from outside the USA. Our vision is to become the Employer of Choice in support of our mission for Student Success by attracting, retaining and motivating the best employees. The Team
Some of the brightest minds in academics and business are choosing HCC as their teaching home. When you join our talented faculty team, you’ll play a special role as teacher, mentor and academic advisor. We’ll support you in your professional development as you contribute your knowledge and expertise to HCC, our students and the community. The OpportunityYou:
Innovator. Pacesetter. Agent of change. If you’re a tech savvy, process improvement-focused Student Champion with a talent for developing partnerships with communities and individuals, we’re looking for you.Highlights:
We are currently seeking an exceptional individual who will advance the institution’s proud tradition of excellence in academics, student life and community service.Next steps:
If you always have the student experience in the forefront of your planning and execution, if you’re a collaborator, an innovator and a person who gets things done, apply today! Location
Houston is a city with limitless possibilities:Fourth-largest city in the U.S. and home to 54 Fortune 500 companies, second only to New York City’s 55. Approximately 145 languages are spoken here.Overall after-taxes living costs are 5.6 percent below the average for all 308 urban areas recently surveyed.Houston is a major-league sports town, and don’t forget the annual Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo.The weather is great! Mild winters ensure that outdoor activities can be enjoyed year-round. World-renowned medical care. The Houston metro area has long been known for its first-rate healthcare system, with many Houston area hospitals consistently ranking among the nation’s top institutions.With over 150 museums and cultural institutions in the Greater Houston area, museums are a large part of Houston’s cultural scene. Houston is the Culture & Culinary Capital of Texas with more than 7,500 restaurants and eating establishments covering 60+ cuisines.
If this sounds like the role for you and you’re ready to join an amazing team, please apply right away. EEO Statement
Houston Community College does not discriminate on the bases of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran’s status.The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: David Cross, Director EEO/Compliance, Title IX Coordinator
Office of Institutional EquityPO Box 667517Houston TX, 77266713 718.8271 or [email protected]
HCC values its employees and their contributions, promotes opportunities for their professional growth and development, and provides a positive working and learning environment that encourages diversity, innovation and creativity, and inclusion.Individuals with disabilities, who require special accommodations to interview, should contact (713) 718-8565.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University