Specialist Talent Development
- Deliver educational programs in college and office settings via formal and informal methods such as: Hands-on, instructor-led, virtual classroom, simulations, e-Learning, mobile, audio/video, embedded/on-thejob (OJT) learning, leaders as teachers, social learning, on-demand/self-led, and partnering with educational institutions;
- Program responsibilities could include: COPP, CLP, Onboarding and/or ETAP;
- Deliverables may include: Instructional related documents, curriculum outlines, course content, procedural manuals, handouts, job aids, quick reference guides, presentations, websites, audio/videos, graphics/images, simulations, interactive e-learning courses, exercises, skills packages, and mobile learning applications;
- Develop and maintain course content utilizing adult learner methodology for the intended audience;
- Gain understanding of learning objectives and content for educational programs by communicating and working collaboratively with business clients and subject matter experts, observing performance in the work environment, and referring to technical job specifications and/or standard operating procedures;
- Work with business clients, project team members, and subject matter experts in requirements gathering and business analysis to document functionality and standard operating procedures for end user educational materials;
- Utilize instructional systems design (lSD) to author and update educational materials and programs;
- Remain current on learning development and instructional design topics; including emerging technologies, techniques and methodologies to develop new knowledge and share information with colleagues to ensure ongoing improvement of educational programs geared toward increasing employee proficiency; and
- Travel between HCC campus locations.
- Must possess working knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional systems design methodology, and higher-level learning evaluation models (I.e. Kirkpatrick's five levels of evaluation);
- Must possess a senior working-practitioner skill level in employee training, instructional design, survey design, and learning evaluation;
- Must possess a senior working-practitioner skill level in Microsoft office suite of products as well Adobe suite of design applications, SharePoint, and current learning management and authoring software;
- Takes responsibility for own actions and accepts responsibility for decisions, actions, mistakes and for "making it right"
- Motivation to perform one's job in a careful, thorough way, using prescribed procedures to meet commitments;
- Comprehends written materials;
- Presents ideas, thoughts, and concepts clearly and concisely when writing or speaking;
- Ability to actively listen, understands, and then responds when interacting with individuals and groups;
- Demonstrates actions that support the community and the environment;
- Motivated to add value by finding and implementing better, more efficient and more cost-effective ways of completing work; is proactive;
- Ability to be proactive; having the energy, aptitude and motivation to begin an activity relating to personal and work objectives;
- Desire to constantly learn new skills and develop competencies that will improve performance and effectiveness; desire to build deep understanding of one's work, business and role within the organization; and
- The ability to participate and work with others as part of a team to accomplish common goals.
Houston Community College (HCC) is an open-admission, public institution of higher education offering a high-quality, affordable education for academic advancement, workforce training, career development and lifelong learning to prepare individuals in our diverse communities for life and work in a global and technological society. We’re proud to say that 98 percent of our graduates step into a job in their field of study immediately upon graduation. One of the largest community colleges in the nation, HCC has served the Greater Houston area for over four decades. Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Schools Commission on Colleges, we offer 300+ associate degree and certificate programs to 75,000+ students across 13 Centers of Excellence and online each semester. We are proud to be No.1 among all community colleges in the nation in providing associate degrees to minorities and No.1 in educating international students, with 10.4 percent of our student population from outside the USA. Our vision is to become the Employer of Choice in support of our mission for Student Success by attracting, retaining and motivating the best employees.
Play a central role at HCC as you keep our everyday operations running like clockwork. You’ll get the chance to make things happen and work closely with inspiring leaders across different parts of the institution. Whether your role is supportive, administrative, financial or something else, you’ll be part of a dynamic team that not only provides HCC students with cutting-edge academic and career tools, it also takes care of its people. Location
Houston is a city with limitless possibilities:
- Fourth-largest city in the U.S. and home to 54 Fortune 500 companies, second only to New York City’s 55.
- 145 languages are spoken here.
- Overall after-taxes living costs are 5.6 percent below the average for all 308 urban areas recently surveyed.
- Houston is a major-league sports town, and don’t forget the annual Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo.
- The weather is great! Mild winters ensure that outdoor activities can be enjoyed year-round.
- World-renowned medical care. The Houston metro area has long been known for its first-rate health care system, with many Houston area hospitals consistently ranking among the nation’s top institutions.
- With over 150 museums and cultural institutions in the Greater Houston area, museums are a large part of Houston’s cultural scene.
- Houston is the Culture & Culinary Capital of Texas with more than 7,500 restaurants and eating establishments covering 60+ cuisines.
Office of Institutional EquityPO Box 667517 Houston TX, 77266713 718.8271 or [email protected] HCC values its employees and their contributions, promotes opportunities for their professional growth and development, and provides a positive working and learning environment that encourages diversity, innovation and creativity, and inclusion.Individuals with disabilities, who require special accommodations to interview, should contact (713) 718-8565.