Research Specialist II
Princeton University's Department of Molecular Biology seeks applicants for a Research Specialist II (RSII) position to join a laboratory focused on studying RNA using programmable, CRISPR-based technologies.
The Myhrvold Lab at Princeton University develops cutting-edge, CRISPR-based technologies to study RNA viral infection and RNA transcription, regulation, and localization. We are also developing CRISPR-based viral diagnostics and antiviral therapies with the aim of creating a rapid development platform for new viral diagnostics and therapies, in close collaboration with Pardis Sabeti's lab at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard.Responsibilities
We seek a highly motivated individual to work closely with senior researchers within the Myhrvold Lab at Princeton University. The ability to communicate effectively, work well in a team setting, and a strong desire to learn new methods are required. The RSII will assist with the development of Cas13-based methods for detecting nucleic acids.
The position offers an excellent opportunity to participate in a dynamic research environment in an exciting fast-paced field of research. Your work will be central to several major research projects, including collaborations with other top labs at Princeton University, The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, and Harvard Medical School. This position will allow for professional advancement, skill development, and co-authorship on high-impact publications.
This is a 2-year term position with the possibility of renewal. Applications must include a resume and cover letter.Qualifications
- Highly motivated, dedicated, tenacious, problem solving attitude; demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex experiments; outstanding precision, accuracy, meticulousness and organization; excellent communication skills (oral, written and pictorial); outstanding time management skills.
- Bachelor of Science degree
- Minimum 3 years' molecular biology laboratory experience
- Advanced research skills
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of techniques, instrumentation and underlying scientific principles
- Experience in managing projects
- Ability to perform basic quantitative analysis of data sets using software programs
- A cover letter outlining general interests, and career goals should be submitted with a CV/Resume as one document to consider the application complete.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAWStandard Weekly Hours36.25Eligible for OvertimeYesBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoComments Related to End Date2 year termPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver's License RequiredNo#LI-GR1