Faculty Part-time - Special Education
Job no: 507925
Position type: Faculty Part Time/Adjunct
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Curriculum and Instruction
Salary: $5,192.45 - $5,692.45 (Salary commensurate with experience)
Applications Open: Apr 23 2021
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Adjunct Faculty Members will be responsible for teaching special education courses as assigned, as well as carry out various administrative tasks as assigned to them by their instructional mentor, the Faculty Support Coordinator, the Chair, or the Associate Dean. These administrative tasks will include items such as roster verification, reporting items, and timely submission of final grades.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- A Master’s degree in Special Education, or a related field, such as, Curriculum & Instruction with a special education license, from an accredited institution
- At least 5 years of teaching experience teaching students with disabilities in k-12 settings
- Strong communication and organization skills and ability to work collaboratively with elementary school and university faculty
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration and collegiality
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Demonstrated commitment to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion
- Creative, innovative, and problem solving skills
- Proven organizational skills and ability to complete assignments timely and accurately with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in MS Office, Zoom
- A PHD or EDD in Special Education or closely related field
- Demonstrated strengths in teaching at the college level
- Proficiency with Blackboard online teaching platform
- Hours will vary from course to course
- BAED courses are typically offered face to face during the day; synchronous online teaching may also be considered for instructors too distant to come to campus.
- Master level courses are typically offered in the evening or online.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This is a part-time, non-benefited position.
Please include a CV and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.